are you a newdyr or a trudyr?

#1xSighxPosted 7/18/2013 4:37:37 AM
i've played udyr once in pvp (just now, and i lost) and a few in bot games
still got the skin though! because yolo.
i must say, i regret the purchase. udyr is bad and the skin isn't nearly as epic as all of the advertising and comics and such pimped him out to be.
---
Copy/paste this in your sig if you support Sona!
#2PraetorianGhostPosted 7/18/2013 4:43:09 AM
I'll just pretend you didn't say that Udyr is bad.
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."
#3boottarPosted 7/18/2013 4:44:54 AM
Did you really just say Udyr is bad? He requires a bit more skill than most think, and can be built many ways. He is nowhere near bad though, perfectly viable. Maybe not against EVERY team comp.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bottar1/
Animal Crossing New Leaf FC: 3007-8842-8701
#4natchu96Posted 7/18/2013 5:01:13 AM
He is, imo, very good in situations that does not involve being kited by everyone with cc or a lot of base MS. Which does not happen as often as one would hope, but still not rarely.

Kiting them back is fun though.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#5YuracoPosted 7/18/2013 5:01:38 AM
I am definitely a Trudyr.

First off he is a great jungle and top lane.

He requires specific Quints for you to play him correctly though..ill let you figure that out yourself.
#6xSighx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 5:05:04 AM
well i happened to get a team of singed/ashe/fiddlesticks/shyvana/zed to try and deal with as udyr jungle...

our irelia went 0/3 to singed
our karthus went 0/5 to zed
and our bot lane won hard but couldnt carry

zzz kites 2 stronk
---
Copy/paste this in your sig if you support Sona!
#7lordlugia_rocksPosted 7/18/2013 6:30:10 AM
I'm a newdyr. bought him last week but I have no plans to buy his skin.
---
#RememberTheManticore - SMITE
"I'll bait you and outsmart you" - nobody important
#8NicoGrimmPosted 7/18/2013 6:45:41 AM
I've noticed that most people who complain about Udyr don't run Ghost on him.
Ghost fixes all of his problems against gap closers. Nothing escapes Ghost Bear! RAWR!

And no, contrary to popular belief, he doesn't need Flash. Turtle + Bear is enough to escape 99% of situations. And since you almost enver build damage on Jungle Udyr, it's not like he'll be dying fast anyway.
---
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.
#9CarpetpeerPosted 7/18/2013 6:49:08 AM
Back in season 1 he was my most played champion (as a jungler, this was before top lane Udyr). But I haven't really played him since. I feel like he was better back when heart of gold (and at times, locket) was a thing and there was more focus on junglers actually jungling. Nowadays junglers are kind of the underfarmed auxiliary laner, and Udyr's not so good at that.
#10HighUlitmaPosted 7/18/2013 9:21:08 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
I've noticed that most people who complain about Udyr don't run Ghost on him.
Ghost fixes all of his problems against gap closers. Nothing escapes Ghost Bear! RAWR!

And no, contrary to popular belief, he doesn't need Flash. Turtle + Bear is enough to escape 99% of situations. And since you almost enver build damage on Jungle Udyr, it's not like he'll be dying fast anyway.

This. It helps loads.
---
I deserve to burn.