In your opinion, which supports are considered aggressive?

#1natchu96Posted 7/18/2013 6:48:06 AM
Leona is obvious, and maybe Blitz, but there's a fine line between aggression and passiveness in supports that I haven't quite figured out.

Mostly wanted to know because aggressive supporting works out the best for me. I am forever Sona's fan, but even then I max E and just poke the hell out of people while my ADC farms, then try to let the enemy push and engage at 6 when the opportunity presents itself. Hardly passive at all, despite the (admittedly somewhat weak-ish) heal and all the aura buffs.

The whole Leona-has-two-stuns thing, again, makes her a bit obvious, but I was wondering what supports could be played aggressively (zoning almost just by standing there/walking around in circles, waiting for that one mistake from the enemy to unleash hell on them . . .)
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#2taco_ninja393Posted 7/18/2013 6:49:42 AM
Taric
Ali
Blitz
#3meechegeoPosted 7/18/2013 6:50:43 AM
just about everyone can be played aggressive. Except soraka after all the nerfs. In the past you could do a lot of damage in your harasses.
---
War only in the ring, peace on earth--- Wanderlei Silva
#4profDEADPOOLPosted 7/18/2013 6:53:50 AM
natchu96 posted...
. I am forever Sona's fan, but even then I max E and just poke the hell out of people while my ADC farms

You max the speed boost first?

What.
---
Pull List(trades in quote)-Hawkguy, Young Avengers, X-Men Legacy, FF, Cable and X-Force, GA, Larfleeze, JL 3000, Saga, Sex Criminals and Quantum and Woody
#5ryanaPosted 7/18/2013 6:54:47 AM
meechegeo posted...
just about everyone can be played aggressive. Except soraka after all the nerfs. In the past you could do a lot of damage in your harasses.

You can still be aggressive with Soraka, use those bananas!
---
I have a sig so I can use caps lock
#6Suffer_NotPosted 7/18/2013 6:56:20 AM
natchu96 posted...
Leona is obvious, and maybe Blitz, but there's a fine line between aggression and passiveness in supports that I haven't quite figured out.

Mostly wanted to know because aggressive supporting works out the best for me. I am forever Sona's fan, but even then I max E and just poke the hell out of people while my ADC farms, then try to let the enemy push and engage at 6 when the opportunity presents itself. Hardly passive at all, despite the (admittedly somewhat weak-ish) heal and all the aura buffs.

The whole Leona-has-two-stuns thing, again, makes her a bit obvious, but I was wondering what supports could be played aggressively (zoning almost just by standing there/walking around in circles, waiting for that one mistake from the enemy to unleash hell on them . . .)

I just choked to death on a bad of peanuts I was eating.

This sucks, I really wanted to keep eating them :(
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#7Man_from_UnclePosted 7/18/2013 6:59:05 AM
In terms of zoning a lane, Janna's whirlwind keeps enemies on their toes and her natural speed means she can keep falling back and coming forward again. Also a lot of people underestimate how much of an area and range that whirlwind has and get caught with it.

Of course, by mid game if she's playing the formal support role, her damage is so little as to make almost no difference.
#8natchu96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 7:16:51 AM
profDEADPOOL posted...
natchu96 posted...
. I am forever Sona's fan, but even then I max E and just poke the hell out of people while my ADC farms

You max the speed boost first?

What.

Wrong button, sorry :P

meant to type Q, but hit too fast and looked away afterwards. Stupid phone.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#9djprofessork1Posted 7/18/2013 7:25:00 AM(edited)
Every support is aggressive.
You only play defensive if you're losing.

If you're winning, you try to zone them.
If it's neutral, you play aggressive to try and gain an advantage.
If you're losing, it's hard to be aggressive without dying so, you usually wait for a gank.
#10Emo Preppy KidPosted 7/18/2013 7:36:52 AM
if i want to run a kill lane i want Leona/blitz/thresh/taric or a GOOD Ali with corki/graves/draven/sivir/twitch/ez/varus or sometimes trist

if i want to run a poke lane i want sona/nami/zyra/lulu/soraka/nunu with kog/cait/varus/ez/mf

if I want to run a safe/disengage lane I want lulu/Janna/Ali/nami. any carry but pref one with an escape.

I put soraka in the poke lane because despite her sustain she's easily jumped on and killed by lanes in the first category, and if im laming with a soraka I try to force heavy trades/poke, then heal up, in order to force them out of lane.
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.