Never played, is it too late to start?

#11KirbixPosted 7/18/2013 9:51:02 AM
No, its not too late.

The game uses a ladder ranking; you'll get a rough start as the game tries to figure out your skill level, but 10-15 games and you'll be placed against people as new as you and it'll be fine.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#12KirbixPosted 7/18/2013 9:51:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 7/18/2013 9:59:09 AM
No its not too late. You will get matched with sucky people when you start (except for really good people who have smurf accounts). It takes a long time to learn, but you will learn slowly but surely. Play it safe, and be a team player and you will do fine. I especially recommend playing a tank or support. Not that they are easy to play, but nearly every team needs one and they help your team much more than being the 5th damage dealer on your team (also known as a carry on the boards). Also, don't be afraid to buy aura items or sight wards to help your team.

Community isn't that bad. Just ignore ass hats and they will move on to bug people they can get a response out of.

Also be prepared to lose half your games. That part takes awhile for a lot of people to get used to.
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#14batman3k5Posted 7/18/2013 10:00:16 AM
Your first mistake was coming to GameFAQs for any sort of help
---
Worst elo on GameFAQs forums
#15tpoyoyPosted 7/18/2013 10:02:46 AM
sorry man too late if you asked like yesterday you would be alright
#16wanderer918Posted 7/18/2013 10:04:45 AM
The vast majority of the games you play you will lose hardcore because at LEAST half of your opponents will be higher level people playing on smurf accounts.

Best advice I can give you is mute everyone.

Also you will commonly find yourself in the situation where 3 enemies will be pushing down your turret while the rest of your team farms the jungle. DON'T try to be the hero and stay with your turret to save it, just leave, it isn't your fault.
---
Can't think of a sig.
#17Svara_DodolaPosted 7/18/2013 10:06:32 AM
Don't.

It's a bit too late. Too many champions to learn right now. Any 'new' players you will play with are actually veteran players using new accounts. It's very easy for new users to get banned for not knowing how to play the game. Veteran players can report new players for 'trolling' or 'assisting the enemy team' when in reality the new players just don't know what to build or are still getting a hang of the game.
---
Basking Rootwalla (1 Green, 1/1 creature) Tap: Basking Rootwalla gains +3/+3 until end of turn
#18EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 7/18/2013 10:08:30 AM
It is true there are way to many champions right now, but you won't get banned for sucking. Just don't leave games.
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#19LordClydePosted 7/18/2013 10:09:05 AM
A few weeks ago, I logged into a level 10 smurf account and queued in...

My first matchup, I had a teammate named "LOS ZETAS" or something along that line, who kept spamming "**** YOU ALL" and stuff about Los Zetas in chat every second.

Locked in Tryndamere at the last second.

So, as a forewarning... Pre-30s can be somewhat sucky... be prepared to dodge.

Makes me wish I could /ban these idiots right on the spot. I don't think anyone should suffer a queue dodge penalty for dodging to people like this.
#20Theivey3Posted 7/18/2013 10:09:39 AM
Svara_Dodola posted...
Don't.

It's a bit too late. Too many champions to learn right now. Any 'new' players you will play with are actually veteran players using new accounts. It's very easy for new users to get banned for not knowing how to play the game. Veteran players can report new players for 'trolling' or 'assisting the enemy team' when in reality the new players just don't know what to build or are still getting a hang of the game.

Aside from the smurfing, this is completely false.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pg5EG.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/theivey3 | LoL IGN: Vulcane