When picking your champ...

#1thecartoonheroPosted 7/20/2013 12:11:53 PM
How do you go about it? Do you base it off who is cool, who is awesome to use, their type (tank, ranged, etc.)? Not tryin to start a hate thread, just curious to how others enjoy their game.

Which also leads me to my disappoint on having to own 15 champs before I can start playing Ranked matches. So far out of all the ones I've played through the rotating F2P champs I've only enjoyed Malzahar, Soraka, and Veigar. I've purchased Veigar and Soraka already and I plan on buying Malzahar. I wanna buy Renekton and after that...that's it. Haha. Guess I'll buy a bunch of cheap champs to fill out the required roster.
---
Black FC: 3525 6812 6313
#2FrewsaPosted 7/20/2013 2:05:25 PM
When I was just starting the game, this was the process.

1. Enemy Summoner destroys me with champ X.
2. I want to be like Enemy Summoner, so I keep a mental note of champ X.
3. I make sure to give Champ X a thorough playing of on the free week.
4. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't, I don't.

This is how I found Malzahar, Vi, Caitlyn, Quinn, Jayce, Riven, and others. I also passed up on Xin Zhao, Master Yi, and others I just didn't enjoy that much.
---
I am on Gamefaqs using Internet Explorer for Xbox and am typing this on my Windows phone using Smartglass
No, seriously, I am.
#3shadow99226Posted 7/20/2013 2:28:46 PM
Strong, interesting character, fun kit, not FotM.
---
"Never Forget Sona 6/30/13"
#4homiesunitePosted 7/20/2013 2:30:38 PM
Frewsa posted...
When I was just starting the game, this was the process.

1. Enemy Summoner destroys me with champ X.
2. I want to be like Enemy Summoner, so I keep a mental note of champ X.
3. I make sure to give Champ X a thorough playing of on the free week.
4. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't, I don't.

---
Not changing until I see Ziggler vs Kofi for a world title or one of them is released/retires. Started 4/30/13
#5PhoenixEgg88Posted 7/20/2013 3:33:39 PM
Who I think looks cool. Doesn't always work. I like vlad but never seem to do be able to do well with him. Getting better with Elise at least. Other than that its cool tanky supports.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#6ryanaPosted 7/20/2013 3:35:06 PM
And its 16, and the entire reason for that is because there are 6 bans and 10 champions picked. If you don't have 16 you run the slight chance of every champion you owned being picked or banned.
---
I have a sig so I can use caps lock
#7thecartoonhero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 5:34:15 PM
Wow! Is that a fact? Thanks for the heads up, man. Now i'll be sure NOT to just buy random guys to fill up my champion count. I appreciate the information. So let's see, I own:

Garen
Veigar
Soraka
Annie

I am looking to buy:

Ezreal
Renekton
Karthas
Malhazar
Twisted Fate
Riven
Blitzcrank