Matchmaking - tricking you into games with no meaning. not competitive.

#11xDarknezzxPosted 7/28/2013 8:00:16 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
Daily dose:
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

LOL is this real
---
LoL IGN: Maulios Dad
#12GainazzoPosted 7/28/2013 8:04:05 AM
At least in ranked you get always matched with people who have same MMR as you.
#13FvPPosted 7/28/2013 8:11:06 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
Daily dose:

Looks like me when I'm playing ranked 5s
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#14funkys-flightsPosted 7/28/2013 8:13:38 AM
superh posted...
JackDaniels1964 posted...
Using your theory, this might happen;
your winrate is absolutely 50%, your MMR eventually evens out so that wins and loses are equal value, while having 50% winrate, your match results will look like this
Win + 15 lp
Lose - 15lp
Win + 15lp
Lose - 15lp
Win + 15lp
Lose - 15lp
Then explain why people can rank up the system if MMR forces to 50% winrate, assuming you dont duo?

because you are better than your opponents and good enough to carry your team mates of decreasing skill until you get to a point where you are forced to lose. You then go on a lose streak to try being you down. After the streak is over you may go on another win streak and climb higher.

The matchmaking doesn't like it when you climb to fast. It wants it to be slow and over a longer period of time. It's problematic having somebody with a 80% win ratio in matchmaking. It doesn't have any place to put them. So it forces a 50%(or close to).

It is far worse in normals, but ranked still has this issue too.

The matchmaking system is a sentient being?? What more can we do to please it?? I have lambs to sacrifice...just give me the word
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#15Black_AssassinPosted 7/28/2013 8:16:37 AM
xDarknezzx posted...
Black_Assassin posted...
Daily dose:
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

LOL is this real

Yes. Lyte commented on it here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3504335

If you haven't yet, check the amount of masteries on the first team and calculate the numbers together for additional humor.
---
lowercase
#16superh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 8:33:24 AM
funkys-flights posted...
superh posted...
JackDaniels1964 posted...
Using your theory, this might happen;
your winrate is absolutely 50%, your MMR eventually evens out so that wins and loses are equal value, while having 50% winrate, your match results will look like this
Win + 15 lp
Lose - 15lp
Win + 15lp
Lose - 15lp
Win + 15lp
Lose - 15lp
Then explain why people can rank up the system if MMR forces to 50% winrate, assuming you dont duo?

because you are better than your opponents and good enough to carry your team mates of decreasing skill until you get to a point where you are forced to lose. You then go on a lose streak to try being you down. After the streak is over you may go on another win streak and climb higher.

The matchmaking doesn't like it when you climb to fast. It wants it to be slow and over a longer period of time. It's problematic having somebody with a 80% win ratio in matchmaking. It doesn't have any place to put them. So it forces a 50%(or close to).

It is far worse in normals, but ranked still has this issue too.

The matchmaking system is a sentient being?? What more can we do to please it?? I have lambs to sacrifice...just give me the word

It's alive alright. It harvests your time and energy into fruitless expenditures. Winning makes the matchmaking very upset. especially if you win against a team the matchmaking made to force a loss(say the enemy team trolled the matchmaking and surrendered even though the score was 100 to 0 for them). That makes the matchmaking very angry. For this you gain 2x Elo. The price to pay is the double amount of bad games you get as it tries to put you back down to 50%.
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
#17ssj4supervegetaPosted 7/28/2013 8:42:50 AM
"forcing" you? no no you get the same peoples. a lot of the good players, pro players, and high elo players. as well as all the people in the elo they "belong" in have more wins then losses. by a large margin

the matchmaking puts you into games with people of your MMR. but if you're winning too much it thinks "hey they must be better" so they put you with people of a lil higher. and higher. until you get people who it thinks will be better then you.

How is it competitive to just keep playing against the same people and winning every game?
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#18Edgemaster70000Posted 7/28/2013 8:48:11 AM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
"forcing" you? no no you get the same peoples. a lot of the good players, pro players, and high elo players. as well as all the people in the elo they "belong" in have more wins then losses. by a large margin

the matchmaking puts you into games with people of your MMR. but if you're winning too much it thinks "hey they must be better" so they put you with people of a lil higher. and higher. until you get people who it thinks will be better then you.

How is it competitive to just keep playing against the same people and winning every game?

He's saying that the portion of trash players in your elo bracket will always end up on your side because "matchmaking is trying to make you lose".
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.
#19g-cube_mastaPosted 7/28/2013 8:54:40 AM
This is absolutely incorrect and it's hilarious you've deluded yourself into believing it.

The discrepancy in MMR between you and your allies is scarcely above~50 MMR.

Matchmaking has nothing to do with streaks, it has everything to do with your MMR.

If you go on a streak, your MMR is going to get higher really quick. Matchmaking will then match you against players of that MMR or slightly (~50) higher in order to see if you actually belong there. Continue to win and it won't stop you it'll just repeat the process. Lose and it will start to normalize your gains/losses.

superh posted...
OK have 800 ELO players on your team against 1900 Elo players.

This has never happened.
#20xDarknezzxPosted 7/28/2013 8:55:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5BAOFqz.png

i love normals

yep we surrendered at 20
---
LoL IGN: Maulios Dad