People DDoS in normals?

#1FvPPosted 8/18/2013 8:32:13 AM
Do people really care about winning so much?

Twitch and I won bot lane hard against Vayne / Janna. About mid game we both dc over and over again. I get the "Attempting to reconnect" message for about 10 minutes (same with the Twitch, who could not even relog back into the game). We eventually reconnected with no nexus turrets one inhib down (about to respawn) with another open inhib. Since we both came back up we started winning teamfights, got baron, and eventually won the game. Still, the fact that we both had connection issues seemed really shady, so we figured we were being DDoSed

We played about 10 games last night, and this was the only time we both had connection problems.

http://i.imgur.com/hLEsSnu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sLkW1M1.png

/blogfaqs
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#2DeadpooL7Posted 8/18/2013 8:33:25 AM
How would you get DDoSed?

They need to have your IP address to do that.
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#3FvP(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 8:48:44 AM
Doesn't this circumstance seem a little odd though?
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#4hockeydude15Posted 8/18/2013 8:54:33 AM
Does seem odd but more than likely something with the server just got screwy since it happens from time to time. I'd take that bet over someone on the other team DDoSing to try and win a normal game and not actually keep up the attack until after he has won it.
---
Yawn
#5NicoGrimmPosted 8/18/2013 8:57:24 AM
Are you both on the same ISP by any chance? Same thing happened to a friend and me a few times.
---
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.
#6DeadpooL7Posted 8/18/2013 9:08:04 AM
FvP posted...
Doesn't this circumstance seem a little odd though?

Slightly.... people have problems once in awhile. Its only odd it happened at the exact same time. If you live around each other IRL/have the same ISP its not weird at all, just something messed up for a few seconds with your ISP.

The thing is they cant have yorue IP address unless they know who you are outside of that game (im assuming you didnt know them). So it couldnt be a DDoS, It also doesnt seem like one cause why would they stop it if they were?
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#7HardcoreFtwPosted 8/18/2013 9:10:22 AM
Remember guys nothing is impossible
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#8VrrrooomPosted 8/18/2013 9:11:21 AM
Sounds like a typical day on EUW

It will just be the servers bugging out
---
;)