So apparently some account info was compromised...

#1lascat9Posted 8/20/2013 12:20:00 PM
Here's the forum link:

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/announcements/important-security-update-and-password-reset

According to the post, 120,000 transaction records from 2011 were compromised, but they were still salted and hashed. Also, some password files were compromised, but they were also salted and hashed. Only information from North America was compromised. All other regions are fine.

If anyone paid for RP via credit card in 2011 and is suspicious over whether or not their information has been compromised, Riot said that they were sending out emails to the accounts of those who were compromised.

As a result of the incident, Riot says they will be adding in E-mail verification for new and existing accounts, two-factor authentication, and players in North America will be required to change their passwords.
---
Not changing this until Chicago Cubs win the World Series. Started: 1908
#2Plague1503Posted 8/20/2013 12:29:46 PM
nsa did it
---
"Every time that IdrA accidentally lost a few drones i wanted to be like "TEN POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!""
--Day[9]
#3Pirate_ArrowsPosted 8/20/2013 1:22:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDtSf9pseOw
---
Yeah, I'm bored.
#4XialohPosted 8/20/2013 1:36:35 PM
You could have just...copied and pasted the post itself. You almost did.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#5PhantasmplusPosted 8/20/2013 1:52:23 PM
I didn't know Riot was a subsidiary of Sony.
---
SUFFER MORTALS. As your pathetic magic BETRAAAAYS YOUUUUU
IGN: Glacierstorm
#6SoljahPosted 8/20/2013 1:57:37 PM
phantasmplus posted...

love how that keeps being a topic when Xbox has been comprimized hundreds of times, they just dont tell you. It actually happened recently too and they added another security step with email/phone etc. Rather funny :)

FYI not a single fraudulent charge happened during Sony's expo, but the 360 has several daily. Nintendo is still always the safest ;)
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#7HardcoreFtwPosted 8/20/2013 2:00:02 PM
NSA just wanted Snowden Lol account.. clearly.
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#8Plague1503Posted 8/21/2013 2:24:13 AM
Soljah posted...
phantasmplus posted...

love how that keeps being a topic when Xbox has been comprimized hundreds of times, they just dont tell you. It actually happened recently too and they added another security step with email/phone etc. Rather funny :)

FYI not a single fraudulent charge happened during Sony's expo, but the 360 has several daily. Nintendo is still always the safest ;)

a wild fanboy appears rofl
---
"Every time that IdrA accidentally lost a few drones i wanted to be like "TEN POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!""
--Day[9]
#9LordClydePosted 8/21/2013 2:38:31 AM
Ugh, required password changes? I don't want to..

Not like there's anything to take on a League account, anyhow.
#10mrmonstrPosted 8/21/2013 2:50:31 AM(edited)
I barely care about these anymore, happens to everyone at some point, it won't affect my opinion of them.

EDIT: by everyone I mean every company, not people :)