Do different skins affect gameplay

#1PrintScreenKeyPosted 8/20/2013 1:51:07 PM
Some skins play better than others - Results (175 votes)
Yes slight +5 bonus
42.86% (75 votes)
No difference
32.57% (57 votes)
Huge buff
11.43% (20 votes)
Some skins slight, other skins huge buff
13.14% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have different skins for the same champion and I KNOW i perform better on some skins than others. People say it's cosmetic only but I believe the right skin plays better.
I think astronaut and super teemo play better than normal teemo.
#2TwidgerPosted 8/20/2013 1:51:57 PM
No difference, waste of money IMO, since I never even notice skins (except like pulsefire ezreal)
#3sequeezeyPosted 8/20/2013 1:52:37 PM
Sunglasses, GG.
---
__ +_Sequeezey_+__
_-* *-___-* *-___-* *-_
#4SomnambulisticPosted 8/20/2013 1:54:18 PM
Some have smoother animations, which is pretty much only better for AAing/kiting.

A lot of it is psychological.
---
(Formerly ElderPredator)
Time moves forward, and nothing changes.
#5AtrumVenatorPosted 8/20/2013 1:55:19 PM
Twidger posted...
No difference, waste of money IMO, since I never even notice skins (except like pulsefire ezreal)

You are wrong but for other reasons. Certain skins, (gangster twitch, mafia mf, bloodlord vlad,dark crystal ryze, blackfrost anivia) do give somewhat of an advantage over another skin. All I listed except ryze, have better auto attack animations, making last hitting easier. Dark Crystal Ryze is just smaller.
#6ryanaPosted 8/20/2013 1:56:23 PM
If you want to give any credit to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-c6GeYzFSI
---
Everybody wishes they had as cool a hat as Caitlyn
#7wind64aPosted 8/20/2013 1:56:56 PM
There are a very small number of skins that actually affect gameplay. One of Lux's skins, I think it was steel legion, has harder to see particles than her other skins. Unless they fixed it, Wildfire Zyra has plants with a slower attack speed on average than her regular skin. Any skin with sunglasses will decrease damage from Leona by 1 point. Most of the differences are fairly negligible in serious competition though.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#8AtrumVenatorPosted 8/20/2013 1:59:23 PM
wind64a posted...
There are a very small number of skins that actually affect gameplay. One of Lux's skins, I think it was steel legion, has harder to see particles than her other skins. Unless they fixed it, Wildfire Zyra has plants with a slower attack speed on average than her regular skin. Any skin with sunglasses will decrease damage from Leona by 1 point. Most of the differences are fairly negligible in serious competition though.

Fun fact, in competitive play, all hidden passives and events are disabled.
#9Game ShowPosted 8/20/2013 2:03:35 PM
The fact that some skins are banned at the pro level does confirm that there are slight advantages to using them, even if it is just particle/animation differences
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma
#10zeppelin312Posted 8/20/2013 2:04:53 PM
Game Show posted...
The fact that some skins are banned at the pro level does confirm that there are slight advantages to using them, even if it is just particle/animation differences

they are banned in pro play for visibility for spectators
---
support rango gogogogogoggogogogo