Do different skins affect gameplay

#11scaler24Posted 8/20/2013 2:05:03 PM
The isolated passive in Kha's Q is way easier to see with Mecha'Zix.

And Blitz' Grab is much harder to see as iBlitzcrank.
---
The Official Herr Edgeworth of the Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Board
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy
#12Chargers_31Posted 8/20/2013 2:57:29 PM
I don't like Arcade Sona because it actually tells opponents their debuffs. It's a lot easier to realize you might lose a trade when you see a huge "MINUS DAMAGE" debuff on yourself.
#13TwidgerPosted 8/21/2013 5:39:59 PM
scaler24 posted...

And Blitz' Grab is much harder to see as iBlitzcrank.

Yea that is one I've noticed. Last time I played against this skin, I remember seeing the grab and being like "what was that?"
#14ZidaneTribaIPosted 8/21/2013 5:46:54 PM
I've always felt like the attack animation for Pulsefire Ezreal was worse than all of his other skins and pretty much stopped using it because of that. Also I think the Blood Lord Vladimir animation is much better than the default. Other than those two I've never experienced much of a difference.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people." - Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
#15King_of_NowPosted 8/21/2013 5:49:32 PM
A couple skins would offer a slight "buff" imo, just due to particle effects.

iBlitzcrank's Q is harder to see coming than a regular blitz, IMO. Same with Steel Legion Lux's effects, I just have a harder time seeing them coming than i usually do.

Maybe that's just me though.
#16ExalxPosted 8/21/2013 5:51:29 PM
Chargers_31 posted...
I don't like Arcade Sona because it actually tells opponents their debuffs. It's a lot easier to realize you might lose a trade when you see a huge "MINUS DAMAGE" debuff on yourself.

Yeah but sometimes your team doesn't realize you debuffed them and runs instead.
"Oh no Katarina is ulting to clean up! Run away!" Even though it should be "Katarina can't do full damage! Get her!"
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#17SexualPizzaPosted 8/21/2013 5:53:35 PM
I have a variety of skins and every time I see the same champ as me on the enemy team but he only has default skin I get a boost of confidence because I feel like I'm the better player of that particular champ. I mean, cuz why else would I spend money on a skin for them?

(In most cases I win. LOL)
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#18Mogu_MoguPosted 8/21/2013 7:10:38 PM(edited)
Doesn't Hao swear that auto attacks with King Tryndamere are much better than the other Tryndameres?

EDIT: He states in his Tryndamere guide that Highlander and King Tryndamere have better auto attack animations than the other Trynd skins. o_o

---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#19PyralblitzzzPosted 8/21/2013 7:17:10 PM
scaler24 posted...

Came here to say this and the Steel Legion Lux thing.
---
IGN LoL: JimtheBarbarian
#20MechDragon07Posted 8/21/2013 7:23:28 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
Game Show posted...
The fact that some skins are banned at the pro level does confirm that there are slight advantages to using them, even if it is just particle/animation differences

they are banned in pro play for visibility for spectators

if a skin is harder to see it is harder to hit the player, like wearing camoflage
---
iTrundle