Turrets now have items (WAT)

#21TomorrowDogPosted 8/22/2013 4:13:22 PM
g-cube_masta posted...

What are they trying to accomplish with this? Baby the s--- player that is losing their lane so they can still get gold from last hits at the tower they missed?

Make the 1v2 lane meta MANDATORY because you can literally shove your own minions into enemy towers to get MORE gold as the 2 side in the 2v1? It would be the standard for solo q too. The AD carry could literally farm your own minions this way.

Can't believe this idea. Who the hell thought this up. Jesus that's dumb.

In a 1v1 or 2v2 lane I don't think it'd really be bad. Now that you brought up the 2v1 lanes though, yeah that would never work.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#22ineedaname88Posted 8/22/2013 4:21:00 PM
"Noxious Trap map duration changed to 3 minutes from 10"

So glad that is Dominion only.... I was going to say there's no ploint to play him anymore if it were on SR.
---
He should do it. He wont.
#23g-cube_mastaPosted 8/22/2013 4:28:22 PM
TomorrowDog posted...

In a 1v1 or 2v2 lane I don't think it'd really be bad. Now that you brought up the 2v1 lanes though, yeah that would never work.

no it would be almost just as bad

if I'm pushing you into turret, risking being ganked, and winning the lane

you should not be rewarded for missing CS at the turret with sacks of gold for your awful mechanics (and/or champion choice).

Terrible idea.

Unless this is for like... Dominion or Treeline, you know, game modes people don't care about. Then it's fine, because who cares about those game modes anyways.

It might even be cool on ARAMs because it provides a mini objective that people fight over and the team pushing has to dive for the sack of gold.

but for summoners rift you need to be one brain damaged riot employee to think this one up.
#24TomorrowDogPosted 8/22/2013 5:40:00 PM
I figured if you're pushing in then you should be at least just as capable of getting the gold if not more likely. I doubt the mechanic is such that the enemy player could just ignore all the minions going down to the turret and still come out even by picking up the gold. Having a player have 10 of the last 12 minions get fed in to his turret and then picking up 20 gold off the ground wouldn't exactly be coddling bad players I don't think.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#25SenraidPosted 8/22/2013 5:40:03 PM
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3795685

"(P.S. I left a couple of red herrings in the data for the data miners. Focus on what you actually see in game, not websites. :)"
---
:. LoL ign - Senraid V
http://i.imgur.com/u3Jln7p.png
#26DolethorPosted 8/22/2013 6:46:14 PM
I hate the new gold dropped by towers, yeah own your lane and push to their tower and what do you get? Nothing, they get back in the game with sacks of gold.
---
Frankly my Dear... let's get married again.
#27Lightning BoltPosted 8/22/2013 7:02:23 PM
Your friendly neighbor predator/designer here. Just wanted to let you know that I recently added some *cosmetic only* items to towers.

These tower items convey the mechanics of what towers have always done in a condensed way. What do you think? Are they helpful?

(P.S. I left a couple of red herrings in the data for the data miners. Focus on what you actually see in game, not websites.

Is this hard? >_>
Half the stuff is fake, and the other half are just there to explain all the ins and outs of turret mechanics without the need for a tutorial. It's surprisingly uncommon knowledge that turrets lose a ton of armor with creeps around.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#28SorrySleepingPosted 8/22/2013 7:09:04 PM(edited)
g-cube_masta posted...
Transmutation Stone

+100 Gold Capacity
UNIQUE Passive - Transmutation: Tower blasts that. kill a minion charge the tower, upon reaching 100 gold. The next tower attack will create a sack of gold which can be picked up by any champion,

Without question literally the dumbest change they have ever thought of introducing.

I can't believe this would even be tested on the PBE it is so bad.

Hey guys,

Your friendly neighbor predator/designer here. Just wanted to let you know that I recently added some *cosmetic only* items to towers.

These tower items convey the mechanics of what towers have always done in a condensed way. What do you think? Are they helpful?

(P.S. I left a couple of RED HERRINGS in the data for the data miners. Focus on what you actually see in game, not websites.

---
~{Always Sleeping}~