Playing as Lissandra vs Zed: who/when to ult during Death Mark?

#1Game ShowPosted 9/9/2013 11:49:30 PM
I should ult - Results (27 votes)
A. him to cut his combo damage time in half, if not outright try to kill him during this time
48.15% (13 votes)
B. myself early so he can't build up combo damage
18.52% (5 votes)
C. myself late so the Death Mark activation bonus damage doesn't hit
33.33% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
And as a side question, if the answer is A, how should I approach Kayle vs Zed since options B and C would also apply
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma
#2KeepItCivilPosted 9/9/2013 11:53:02 PM
I think early on it's A or B, since his ult damage isn't as obscene (this is of course hoping that the Zed will miss his Q or E due to it).
---
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/4/2/4/43424.jpg?v=1
To Carl Barks.
#3mutation10101Posted 9/10/2013 12:01:57 AM
Ult yourself right when you seem him use his ult. Negates his ult completely.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#4KrKABUT0Posted 9/10/2013 12:04:02 AM
Rush Zhonya's so you can ult him and still negate his main source of damage.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#5ZhaRnotczarPosted 9/10/2013 12:05:28 AM
I'd ult him immediately after he ults and either get the hell out of there or outright kill him.
#6StrategyWikipedPosted 9/10/2013 12:08:37 AM
KrKABUT0 posted...
Rush Zhonya's so you can ult him and still negate his main source of damage.

This.
#7g-cube_mastaPosted 9/10/2013 12:08:45 AM
depends if you have kill potential on him

if you think you can kill him, ult that nerd and blow your load on his frozen corpse

if you think you can't kill him, ult yourself either immediately when the shadows appear (this will bypass his ult entirely) or fight back a bit by kiting with W and then ult late to block the deathmark damage.

It's more of a situational thing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sNW9yoI.jpg
#8Rising ChaosPosted 9/10/2013 1:48:10 AM(edited)
You guys know when Lissandra ults herself the AoE will still hurt people, right?

Better to ult yourself by default because that either blocks the debuff entirely or the damage it does, depending on when you cast it. You're going to damage him with it no matter how you use it but self-casting will prevent some damage and stunning Zed won't (insofar as you delay him using his spell combo for 1.5s).

Only reason to ult him is positioning concerns, to stun Zed and keep him in place longer for nearby allies to pound on him or because you yourself don't want to be stuck in place as more enemies arrive. Of course, you're Lissandra so I mean you can just jump fullscreen anyway, so...

On that note, if you're merely concerned with not-dying rather than retaliation, you can E during his ult and simply blink away when he pops up beside you and there's no way he can get back in range to combo you while the mark is active.
---
"Pokey and the man."
#9SlaynPosted 9/10/2013 1:52:22 AM
Well the death mark itself does almost no damage, at least early on. I would stun him ASAP and if he is far from his own turret, Q him, hit him with E and teleport behind him so you can kite him as he tries to limp towards his turret. I agree with zhonyas though, I would probably get that ASAP.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116