Char discussion : Lissandra, why hasn't she been nerfed?

#1link0099Posted 9/12/2013 7:24:13 PM
I picked up lissandra on release and played a buttload or norms game swith her, and in all honestly may have only lost 2 or 3 games simply because she is such a good carry pick.

I was at first hesistant to take her into ranked, but am currently 5/1 with a 44/12/29 KDA

This of course is not a large sample, but there wasnt a time during the games in which i felt i was going to lose.

Even against someone i considered a counter (Diana) you end up scaling better and being more useful.

My question is, why hasnt she been touched? she has a free escape, huge aoe initiation, can "double zhonyas", high damage output, and can get mildly tanky.
---
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/graphics-vs.-aesthetics
#2spartanreborn1Posted 9/12/2013 7:26:03 PM
My only guess is that she has crappy range on all her skills, buy im probably wrong. I agree. Shes op as all hell.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/spartanreborn
#3_RaveMaster_Posted 9/12/2013 7:26:37 PM
She's a utility mage with sub par burst that has high cd's and high mana costs. What part of her do you want to nerf exactly?
---
~Rave
#4BiglabronPosted 9/12/2013 7:26:45 PM
She was nerfed first patch after she came out.....
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#5Knight_Of_OrderPosted 9/12/2013 7:36:13 PM
Biglabron posted...

no she wasnt...
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#6BiglabronPosted 9/12/2013 7:39:12 PM(edited)
Knight_Of_Order posted...
Biglabron posted...

no she wasnt...

she seen instant play in the euro tourneys and she was putting out too much dmg, they quickly nerfed her ult dmg and I believe her w dmg.

This roughly first patch after she came out.

Most people who tried her attempted tanky lissandra, the build to do was glass cannon dfg/zhonya before she was nerfed.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#7dotsdfePosted 9/12/2013 7:40:05 PM
She's terrible in solo queue and has a low win rate because of it. Her low-ish damage means she isn't really capable of carrying games and generally relies on teamwork to succeed.

She's OP with proper teamwork but her solo queue status balances her out.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#8HagenExPosted 9/12/2013 7:41:50 PM
Because she brings a lot of utility and teamfight potential, but her ranges, burst and CDs aren't that good for solo Q.

Bottom line, she's not a pubstomper, and those are the ones that get nerfed the hardest.
#9Knight_Of_OrderPosted 9/12/2013 7:42:14 PM
Biglabron posted...
Knight_Of_Order posted...
Biglabron posted...

no she wasnt...

she seen instant play in the euro tourneys and she was putting out too much dmg, they quickly nerfed her ult dmg and I believe her w dmg.

This roughly first patch after she came out.

Most people who tried her attempted tanky lissandra, the build to do was glass cannon dfg/zhonya before she was nerfed.

She only lost 100 damage on her ult at MAX rank in return she got:

V3.8:
Ring of Frost
Cooldown reduced to 14/13/12/11/10 seconds from 18/16/14/12/10.
Mana cost reduced to 50 from 70.

Glacial Path
Cooldown now begins upon initial cast rather than upon recativation or at the end of the missile.

Frozen Tomb
Self-cast duration increased to 2.5 seconds from 1.5.
Slow increased to 20/30/40% from 20/20/20%.

It was not a nerf.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#10MegeasPosted 9/12/2013 7:42:48 PM
Her mana costs early on are expensive, Her base movement speed is slow. Her range is low and her major escape can be neutralized if you time your CC correctly and use it between her cast and reactivation. her major poke pushes lanes and she relies heavily on her team to work with her dive.

Not saying she is bad. What she is good at she does well. Just don't see her being OP. If anything I think she is a caster that does well against assassins which are just popular as hell.