Ideas to FIX the support role

#1Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 9/16/2013 6:45:43 AM
Nobody likes to play Support, I have been forced to main it because most people SUCK at playing support and someone has to do the dirty job....

Here are some ideas, let me know what you guys think before I edit and post it in RIOT's forums:

1)To prevent supports to be ward bots so they can build more items: Limit the number of wards a champion can have both on screen and on an item slot to 5, they will stack whit ruby sigh stone to not cheat this, that way everyone will need to get wards specially in mid elo where the suport gets 80% of the wards and the jungler the other 20%.

2) Balance the Marksmen role so the support could support any lane: Riot renamed them Marksmen, however they are stronger than ever at the moment due to TF, BOTRK and barrier...the idea is to balance either the role or it's items to not scale that hard to late game and be more consistent trough the whole game peaking earlier and not needing babysitting....that way the support could choose to change lanes and support any other champion such as top or mid if they are doing bad or even the jungler to help roam more and invade, this in my opinion would make strategies to change a lot and add variety to the game...

Any other suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2wantfastcarsPosted 9/16/2013 6:58:45 AM
I find telling my Support that we're going to the beach or the park will typically get it to cooperate. The look of betrayal on their face when we get to the vet though...
---
Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, League of Legends, Dead Space
i5-3570k | 8GB 1600MHz RAM | GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | 1TB HDD
#3ChapteroPosted 9/16/2013 7:08:27 AM
I like to play as a support. Im secretly carrying the game and no one knows it.

Makes me feel like a super hero
---
Zhehehe, A man's dream will never die !
#4Metal_Gear_Link(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 7:14:50 AM
Chaptero posted...
I like to play as a support. Im secretly carrying the game and no one knows it.

Makes me feel like a super hero


I know, it's fun when you get recognized, however It's annoying when everyone else is bad because you can do so much whit few items...
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#5Metal_Gear_Link(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 2:18:11 PM
Any other ideas?
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#6nibs88Posted 9/16/2013 2:22:17 PM
wantfastcars posted...
I find telling my Support that we're going to the beach or the park will typically get it to cooperate. The look of betrayal on their face when we get to the vet though...


Omg lol. 10/10 made me laugh at work. Would read again
#7OdinXivrajPosted 9/16/2013 2:28:52 PM
I like the idea but bring it down even lower each player is aloud to have 3 wards out at a time add a mastery in the utility tree to place an extra so supports can place 4. This way when your team starts yelling for more wards you can say "I already got 4 out you guys need to help."
---
"I'm Mort Agrippa you see...I control zombie ninjas. Are they zinjas? Are they nombies? I don't know!" ------- 9 people know what this quote is from
#8Darkyellow327Posted 9/16/2013 3:24:01 PM
How about be happy that you have a significant impact on your team and know that you keep those nubz alive even if they don't?

Supporting is actually fun
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#9OdinXivrajPosted 9/16/2013 3:44:40 PM
Darkyellow327 posted...
How about be happy that you have a significant impact on your team and know that you keep those nubz alive even if they don't?

Supporting is actually fun


I main support and I do enjoy it, doesn't mean I want to be a ward bot the whole game. I have no problems doing a majority of the warding I just want others to help form time to time.
---
"I'm Mort Agrippa you see...I control zombie ninjas. Are they zinjas? Are they nombies? I don't know!" ------- 9 people know what this quote is from
#10Earthbound360Posted 9/16/2013 3:56:59 PM
I love support because I can play Sona (without being yelled at).
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote