Support mains, I have a question for you

#1kkeevvPosted 9/16/2013 9:21:18 AM
How would your playstyle change if you're the only initiator on the team? Would you still spend money primarily on wards, hoping that mid/late-game never comes?

Side question: What do you think of an Aatrox support? If it were to happen, which gp/10 item would you build? (HoG why u no exist anymore?)
---
LoL - Tsarius Steam - kkeevv PSN - Tsari
#2RoyMaster4Posted 9/16/2013 9:26:11 AM(edited)
Well... depends who I am, but generally I'll spend on wards like usual. A support's initiation is generally a bit different than others - Blitzcrank grabs someone to make it a 5v4, Lulu ults whoever on your team is melee-oriented, Sona waits for them to gather up and ults... However, I'll assume you mean Thresh or Leona, since they're the main 'initiators'. Your build is the same as usual, though you'll probably buy a Frozen Heart over other support items. Wards are still as necessary as ever.

EDIT: Aatrox? Don't play him support. But if you have to, Kage's? Maybe Philo, but the mana regen would be wasted.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
3DS FC: 5026-4428-6076
#3BlocktopusPosted 9/16/2013 9:25:11 AM
i don't understand y anyone would ever go support aatrox that's about equally as useless as support trynd or support corki

but yes ofc i would still spend money on wards, wtf else would i buy. if you're playing sona all it really matters is that you get a good ult off.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#4FlameLord23Posted 9/16/2013 9:38:02 AM
RoyMaster4 posted...
Well... depends who I am, but generally I'll spend on wards like usual. A support's initiation is generally a bit different than others - Blitzcrank grabs someone to make it a 5v4, Lulu ults whoever on your team is melee-oriented, Sona waits for them to gather up and ults... However, I'll assume you mean Thresh or Leona, since they're the main 'initiators'. Your build is the same as usual, though you'll probably buy a Frozen Heart over other support items. Wards are still as necessary as ever.

EDIT: Aatrox? Don't play him support. But if you have to, Kage's? Maybe Philo, but the mana regen would be wasted.

Lulu is not an intiator, she's counter initiate.

If I HAVE to initiate, I'd rather take Leona because she gets free tank stats with her E. If I don't know that in advance, I'm probably Sona. If I'm the teams only initiate, I'm going to get the Distortion boots on sona for Flash crescendos. On leona, I'll either get Sunfire or Randuins, and probably get the locket.

Aatrox support is horrible. Needs too much gold to work. Same reason Maokai support or Naut support never took off.

If I'm someone like Nami or Janna then I'll just tell the team to let them initiate.
---
You cannot keep me down.
LoL/Steam IGN: I Rock Ths