Rebalance MM/ADC to not need babysitting in season 3?

#1Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 9/17/2013 1:00:17 PM
some of them can do decent under certain conditions such as cait mid vs certain aps or graves and vayne top,

Why not rebalance them or their items so they don't scare so well but can do more mid game? that way the support could go support everywhere and focus a lane that needs attention instead of only the ranged dps?
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2FvPPosted 9/17/2013 1:02:52 PM
A support, with no boots / boots 1, is going to roam the entire map to place wards for everyone and maybe make a play?

Don't see it happening. They're going to be so underleveled
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3Nowe242Posted 9/17/2013 1:05:14 PM(edited)
This would essentially make the ADCs better in the early and mid game, whereas they'll still have the amazing late game.

Unless I understood that wrong, you made them incredibly powerful.

EDIT: Occurred to me that you might mean to take away some late game power by making them so good early and mid. If that's the case, could be interesting. If it's not and they get to keep their godly damage end game but also have a much better early game, I think this is a very bad idea.
---
I'm very passionate about my Scrolls.
I love the way they feel against my skin in the moonlight.
#4Metal_Gear_Link(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 1:05:45 PM
Nowe242 posted...
This would essentially make the ADCs better in the early and mid game, whereas they'll still have the amazing late game.

Unless I understood that wrong, you made them incredibly powerful.

No, What I ment is making them more consistent the whole game, kind of like mages where while Karthus is maybe even stronger than any ADC late game, the whole mage class is more consistent. able to hold their own the whole game whitout needing abysitting but not scalling so good late game.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#5Nowe242Posted 9/17/2013 1:10:17 PM
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
No, What I ment is making them more consistent the whole game, kind of like mages where while Karthus is maybe even stronger than any ADC late game, the whole mage class is more consistent. able to hold their own the whole game whitout needing abysitting but not scalling so good late game.

Ah, fair enough, could be interesting. I was just worried they'd have a Renekton lane phase and Vayne end game, cuz we all know how that would pan out.

The problem with supports being able to 100% roam, though, is that, with a jungler as well, the support wouldn't even get the gold and XP from camps. You would essentially have 2 junglers, but one focused on clearing and control with the other focused on warding and ganks while one person can do all of it (minus mass warding, cuz jungle needs items too (no wards is not OK though)).

But that's just how I'm interpreting it. You could have some master design for it all that I'm failing to imagine, such as including the possible jungle changes and a meta shift.
---
I'm very passionate about my Scrolls.
I love the way they feel against my skin in the moonlight.
#6Game ShowPosted 9/17/2013 1:22:11 PM
They don't need babysitting as is. The meta only makes players, especially lower-caliber ones, think they do, which is why they'll gripe about "where's my support" while at the same time thinking they're automatically the star of the team

As mentioned, a dedicated roaming support would miss out on too much lane xp and get no jungle xp. Now a duo lane based on whoever has the worst match up could be interesting. Say your top lane has the worst match up, so the support goes there for the duo lane... could have potential
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma
#7megadude1Posted 9/17/2013 1:28:40 PM
ranged top laners becomes extremely broken. inb4 nein dominates as vayne top lane.
---
Dat below average bad league playing ASIAN
Watch my stream twitch.tv/megasmeagles