never dodge a ranked game

#51theBIGman53Posted 9/20/2013 12:03:26 PM
Mastadi posted...
theBIGman53 posted...
No one besides you or maybe your friend/friends you're playing with wants you to play your dumb pick in ranked. If it's a norm, play AD Sona jungle. I don't care. But if you're in my ranked queue, take the game seriously as not only could it mean a promotion for someone on your team, but you'll have more fun winning your lane and the game than you will feeding with a poor choice.

But what if they are playing seriously, and their 'poor choice' is only seen as such due to not being seen as part of the standard meta? There are probably many 'secret OP' builds out there that simply nobody tried out seriously yet. And what's wrong with anecdotal evidence if it's also supported by solid reasoning?

I dislike trolls and dumb picks as much as the next guy, but not everything unorthodox is dumb. Even at professional level, you get some non-standard picks every now and again.

Everyone always says "Well the pros do it Hurr durr" well guess what, I know you didn't read my posts either because I CLEARLY stated that Diamond+ does unconventional picks. This is because they are GOOD at the game. Unless you're Diamond/Challenger, you don't get to choose what is OP because you do not know. You don't get to say things are good. There's a meta for a reason, and it's because it works. You're not going to get me to budge on this. Play heroes where they beong.

I also stated there is NO REASON to choose a hero in a position other than where they excel. Sure there are champions that excel in multiple roles, such as Elise(Jungle/Top/Support/Mid) but there are some champs that are just not good everywhere, and I stated that too.

IT'S CALLED READING. DO IT.
---
Just so everyone knows, the plural of STAFF is STAVES
#52Herostratus_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 12:37:12 PM
how do you decide what is a part of the meta? it's constantly shifting, has changed a lot from when i started playing and i'm relatively new compared to some of the people on here. do you dodge when you see a Cass or Gragas mid, simply because they're no longer common picks? do you dodge when you see a Sion period? it's really stupid to dodge whenever someone picks something that you're uncomfortable with, you're just cheating yourself out of LP.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CpLNL4h.png
#53MastadiPosted 9/20/2013 12:50:56 PM
theBIGman53 posted...
Mastadi posted...
theBIGman53 posted...
No one besides you or maybe your friend/friends you're playing with wants you to play your dumb pick in ranked. If it's a norm, play AD Sona jungle. I don't care. But if you're in my ranked queue, take the game seriously as not only could it mean a promotion for someone on your team, but you'll have more fun winning your lane and the game than you will feeding with a poor choice.

But what if they are playing seriously, and their 'poor choice' is only seen as such due to not being seen as part of the standard meta? There are probably many 'secret OP' builds out there that simply nobody tried out seriously yet. And what's wrong with anecdotal evidence if it's also supported by solid reasoning?

I dislike trolls and dumb picks as much as the next guy, but not everything unorthodox is dumb. Even at professional level, you get some non-standard picks every now and again.

Everyone always says "Well the pros do it Hurr durr" well guess what, I know you didn't read my posts either because I CLEARLY stated that Diamond+ does unconventional picks. This is because they are GOOD at the game. Unless you're Diamond/Challenger, you don't get to choose what is OP because you do not know. You don't get to say things are good. There's a meta for a reason, and it's because it works. You're not going to get me to budge on this. Play heroes where they beong.

But the meta is dictated by the players. If something is popular and picked often, it becomes a part of the meta. Literally, the only difference between a pick going for or against the meta is how popular it is.

Not to mention, the meta for high and low skilled players is different. Something that's OP in diamond might not be in lower levels of play, and vice versa.

I also stated there is NO REASON to choose a hero in a position other than where they excel. Sure there are champions that excel in multiple roles, such as Elise(Jungle/Top/Support/Mid) but there are some champs that are just not good everywhere, and I stated that too.

But how do you know that a champion doesn't excel somewhere if you don't try it? (unless it's something obviously dumb, like support fiora)
---
Don't be jealous.
#54DJShayperPosted 9/20/2013 1:04:52 PM
Who the hell are you to tell people how to have fun with a game. A GAME.

I like wonky picks. They keep the game interesting, and can throw the enemy team right off. I don't do them, because I'm not comfortable with them, but I respect the hell out of someone who can pull them off in the face of all he rage that will get thrown at them - which is indubitably more pathetic than trying to HAVE FUN in a GAME.
---
m8 do u evn compress tho?
#55DJShayperPosted 9/20/2013 1:05:29 PM
Although I have done rengar kha bot lanes and destroyed.
---
m8 do u evn compress tho?
#56tlalynet0Posted 9/20/2013 2:52:07 PM
This is one of the best troll topics I've seen in a while. So many people bit for the OP. He's truely a pro at what he does.
#57tlalynet0Posted 9/20/2013 2:55:22 PM
tlalynet0 posted...
This is one of the best troll topics I've seen in a while. So many people bit for the OP. He's truely a pro at what he does.

Wait, it wasn't the OP that was trolling, it just got taken over. My bad.

And yeah, don't dodge, you never know who will troll, and people lie in champ select anyway. Someone saying they will troll doens't mean much.