Will CV ever be used heavily again?

#1Ravid182Posted 9/19/2013 1:08:53 PM(edited)
I really miss CV. It actually added a lot of fun and strategic play to support.

What changes would have to happen to make CV used heavily again?
#2tombman27Posted 9/19/2013 1:09:18 PM
If a team finds a worthy niche for it, or if Riot balances in a way the it becomes viable, sure why not.
---
Reppin the YG
#3gallantknightPosted 9/19/2013 1:21:10 PM
Ravid182 posted...
I really miss CV. It actually added a lot of fun and strategic play to support.

What changes would have to happen to make CV used heavily again?

reveals stealth

or

enemy team can't see the eye of sauron

+

if enemy is revealed support gets 5 gold for each revealed champ
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#4VrrrooomPosted 9/19/2013 1:40:43 PM
It should have a passive attached to it or an additional one to the mastery improving it

Something like wards being 5-10g cheaper when you have CV as a summoner spell or bonus movespeed when it's on cooldown :o)
---
;)
#5ZedPowerPosted 9/19/2013 2:38:44 PM
gallantknight posted...
if enemy is revealed support gets 5 gold for each revealed champ

I'm iffy on that one. It kinda introduces the idea that you can "miss" a CV, but sometimes knowing where the enemy is not can be just as helpful as knowing where he is.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#6BiglabronPosted 9/19/2013 2:44:36 PM(edited)
I've actually reverted to taking it again over the past month.

Being able to drop vision every minute where I think bad plays might happen across the map does quite a bit.

It's a way to impact the map while being stuck as support.

Set up for a 3v2 gank at bot? Drop that CV right behind their tower giving you the nearest bushes vision as well.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#7MrFailPosted 9/19/2013 2:44:19 PM
I've actually always loved CV but everyone gives you lip if you use it instead of exhaust or w/e.

I would use it if the cooldown was reduced by 10s. But I would prefer something a little more inventive like others have posted.
#8Skul_Posted 9/19/2013 2:46:58 PM
If it revealed stealth and was invisible to foes it would be excellent.
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
#9BiglabronPosted 9/19/2013 2:48:39 PM
MrFail posted...
I've actually always loved CV but everyone gives you lip if you use it instead of exhaust or w/e.

I would use it if the cooldown was reduced by 10s. But I would prefer something a little more inventive like others have posted.

It's useless in the sense that in bad situations already taking place cv doesn't help.

It's amazing in the sense that if you are good enough you never needed exhaust anyways.

Exhaust is aggro and defensive being more versatile.

I wouldn't be surprised though if we start seeing CV again in tournament play with all the early game aggro.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#10MonkeymooXDPosted 9/19/2013 2:48:40 PM
Krepo is trying to bring it back, at least kast time I saw his stream he was.