lol nexus

#1BiglabronPosted 9/22/2013 8:18:27 PM(edited)
Why is everyone off of this?

I know people would peek at lolking anyways, but why do people think peeking at your opponent will help?

From my experience season 1-3 It was better to not even know. Peaking just puts more pressure on you and false expectations.

You are better going in thinking you are the **** than over valuing the opponent. Mindset is half of the battle.

What would I know, im just a Diamond player.

This is strictly solo Q speaking, of course knowing your opponent in tournaments help or in ranked teams etc.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#2xSighxPosted 9/22/2013 8:24:07 PM
Information is a priceless resource. If you see that your lane opponent is significantly better than you (in terms of their W/L ratio) you might want to be very conservative against them in lane and respect the possibility that they could destroy you. Likewise if you believe your lane opponent is terrible, maybe you want to try all-ining them frequently, bad players often burn flash at the first sign of an engagement or at the very least, run away and don't trade back at all.

Doesn't always help, but I don't think it really hurts to know more about the other players.
---
http://i.imgur.com/62e5bi2.jpg
#3Biglabron(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 8:27:40 PM
xSighx posted...
Information is a priceless resource. If you see that your lane opponent is significantly better than you (in terms of their W/L ratio) you might want to be very conservative against them in lane and respect the possibility that they could destroy you. Likewise if you believe your lane opponent is terrible, maybe you want to try all-ining them frequently, bad players often burn flash at the first sign of an engagement or at the very least, run away and don't trade back at all.

Doesn't always help, but I don't think it really hurts to know more about the other players.

In a solo environment where it's literally you vs everything knowing yourself matters the most imo. Anything that makes you play differently is not good. Better to play based off of the game in progress.
---
#4qqaaxxPosted 9/22/2013 8:29:18 PM
It makes you realize just how bad the match making is.

I usually use it 10 minutes into a game to see if the predictions are correct.
---
insert sig here
#5DedennePosted 9/22/2013 8:30:30 PM
Knowing masteries and runes lets me know whether or not I can expect to beat the enemy jungle in a duel and how fast they will be at their red.

It also lets me see who is an easy gank target early on and who is not going to be easy to gank early on.
---
profDEADPOOL on his cell through GameRaven.
GameRaven is awesome so thanks for making it Corrupt_Power
#6DartkunPosted 9/22/2013 8:31:53 PM(edited)
xSighx posted...

Sure it can

Fear is a really large factor in anything.

If you are an entirely logical person, you don't have to worry about fear, but no one is immune to it's effects unless you've undergone serious training.

Likewise, if you see your opponent is terrible, you might get overconfident.

There are ups and downs and it's up to the individual to decide whether or not it's good.

Anyone would be ****ing their pants if they knew they were facing Faker. No amount of "Ok, I know this guy is good, so I'll prepare" can overcome that fear.
---
GameFAQs where mods are allowed to troll
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#7Lord SojiroPosted 9/22/2013 8:34:03 PM
I don't bother, my friends do this and they always psych themselves out when they face higher elo opponents. Be a real man, no data, you're better, you know you're better, smash them.
#8ChocoboDreamsPosted 9/22/2013 8:40:54 PM
Biglabron posted...
xSighx posted...

In a solo environment where it's literally you vs everything knowing yourself matters the most imo. Anything that makes you play differently is not good. Better to play based off of the game in progress.

Knowing what kind of runes and masteries your lane opponent is using can and will put you at an early advantage if you already know the matchup. For instance, I've played lanes as Pantheon against Jax in which I knew the Jax put over 21 points into Offense and was using a standard AD-heavy runepage. I know this is going to be an easy lane, so I start Doran's Blade, and I get fed. Smarter Jax players will build full tank just to survive the lane, and I like to be prepared for that.

It has nothing to do with underestimating or overestimating. Knowing what to expect will win you games. If you don't want to use LoLnexus, don't, but looking down on those who do just makes you look dumb.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#9Soviet_PolandPosted 9/22/2013 8:42:57 PM
Sun Tzu brah, never underestimate your opponent.
#10Biglabron(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 9:02:06 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Biglabron posted...
xSighx posted...

Knowing what kind of runes and masteries your lane opponent is using can and will put you at an early advantage if you already know the matchup. For instance, I've played lanes as Pantheon against Jax in which I knew the Jax put over 21 points into Offense and was using a standard AD-heavy runepage. I know this is going to be an easy lane, so I start Doran's Blade, and I get fed. Smarter Jax players will build full tank just to survive the lane, and I like to be prepared for that.

It has nothing to do with underestimating or overestimating. Knowing what to expect will win you games. If you don't want to use LoLnexus, don't, but looking down on those who do just makes you look dumb.

called clicking on the enemy champion and looking at their stats? Don't need lol nexus for that.
---