lol nexus

#11zeppelin312Posted 9/22/2013 9:04:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12Biglabron(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 9:04:57 PM
Soviet_Poland posted...
Sun Tzu brah, never underestimate your opponent.

That was stated with life in reference, not a competitive sport. In competitive sports research matters but mindset trumps all. If you are using lol nexus just to gauge your opponent you are allowing yourself to be influenced already by them when they have given you no info in the game.

The game being played gives you all the info you should need.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#13gallantknightPosted 9/22/2013 9:40:18 PM
logically speaking you can look at what runes and masteries they're using and guess how you'll have to play, what you'll need to buy, and even check if it's a duo queue to see if your lane will be camped
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#1404DarkPosted 9/23/2013 1:38:32 AM
zeppelin312 posted...
you can see there runes

^This and their masteries. Pretty much the only reason I use lolnexus... Also to see if they are premade with the jungler so I know if I will get hard camped or not.
One time I was top and against a Talon. Dude had no armor runes.
Usually I would have built tanky but that game I leaned more towards AD because I knew I would crush that Talon...
But then the duo bot on my team DC'd so we loss. Wasn't happy...
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#15zeppelin312Posted 9/23/2013 1:42:27 AM
o I deleted my message

woops

I just meant to correct my there to their

l0l
---
support rango gogogogogoggogogogo
#16necroix05Posted 9/23/2013 1:52:42 AM
i can look at their runes and masteries before the game even starts.

lolnexus every match
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
Call me Cow.
#17HMandACFanPosted 9/23/2013 2:23:28 AM
Soviet_Poland posted...
One time I was going to go Karthus mid with Vlad top and their team had a Riven top. I looked it up, and Riven was plat (I'm bronze, so was Vlad I think). I asked Vlad if he wanted to switch lanes -- Riven counters him anyway, and if we lost, I wanted it to be my fault you know. Well...we didn't lose. I beat her in lane too because I played very cautious while she was, I'm sure, over-confident.

In my last game, I was with my Bronze friends and we were against 2 silvers and a gold (granted, it's solo queue 5v5 ratings even though we're in 3v3 teams...but whatever). We were losing BAD (like, REAL bad. like, they had ALL our turretsgand inhibs and we had none of their turrets. yeah, lol) and the enemy team made fun of us for being bronze......then we came back and beat them. I think they got over-confident and cocky because we were bronze.
---
Add me on Skype! tiamats4esgares --- League of Legends IGN (NA): MeltedWater
#18DedennePosted 9/23/2013 2:44:12 AM
Biglabron posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Biglabron posted...
xSighx posted...
Information is a priceless resource. If you see that your lane opponent is significantly better than you (in terms of their W/L ratio) you might want to be very conservative against them in lane and respect the possibility that they could destroy you. Likewise if you believe your lane opponent is terrible, maybe you want to try all-ining them frequently, bad players often burn flash at the first sign of an engagement or at the very least, run away and don't trade back at all.

Doesn't always help, but I don't think it really hurts to know more about the other players.

In a solo environment where it's literally you vs everything knowing yourself matters the most imo. Anything that makes you play differently is not good. Better to play based off of the game in progress.

Knowing what kind of runes and masteries your lane opponent is using can and will put you at an early advantage if you already know the matchup. For instance, I've played lanes as Pantheon against Jax in which I knew the Jax put over 21 points into Offense and was using a standard AD-heavy runepage. I know this is going to be an easy lane, so I start Doran's Blade, and I get fed. Smarter Jax players will build full tank just to survive the lane, and I like to be prepared for that.

It has nothing to do with underestimating or overestimating. Knowing what to expect will win you games. If you don't want to use LoLnexus, don't, but looking down on those who do just makes you look dumb.

called clicking on the enemy champion and looking at their stats? Don't need lol nexus for that.

Clicking on them
A. Requires knowing their base stats and doing a bit of guesswork on their masteries
B. Only works when they are visible on the map
C. Doesn't let you change what you are getting at the start of the game. The very quote you are responding to mentions starting with Doran's Blade cause he knew the enemy's masteries/runes. He wouldn't have been able to tell that if he didn't check them on lolnexus.
---
profDEADPOOL on his cell through GameRaven.
GameRaven is awesome so thanks for making it Corrupt_Power
#19SpacefrisianPosted 9/23/2013 2:50:17 AM
Sun Tzu "brah": water flows acording to the ground over wich it flows, a soldier prepares against the foe it is facing, just like water there are no constant condition set in battle.

Or something like that, to lazy atm to search on google for the correct phrase.
---
The clans are marching against the law, Bagpipers play the tunes of war
Death or glory I will find, Rebellion on my mind
#20PyrizzlaPosted 9/23/2013 5:39:51 AM
qqaaxx posted...
It makes you realize just how bad the match making is.

I usually use it 10 minutes into a game to see if the predictions are correct.

This.

Last night I was in ranked. Did lol nexus during loading. Because first pick picked Karthus so I wanted to see if he was a karthus Pro who doesnt mind being counter picked

My team in order of picks.
Bronze 2
Silver 1 (Me)
Silver 2
Silver 2 (Premade)
Silver 3 (Premade)

Opponent:
Gold 4 Premade
Silver 2
Gold 5
Gold 5
Silver 2 Premade

This may be an extreme case but it confused the hell out of me!
---
Lol: Pyrizzla Main: Ezreal, Tristana, Vayne, Nasus, lulu - Slowly battling ELO HELL
Official Alucard of the Gamefaqs Board