About nasus top lane... (fair few questions in here)

#1Joshua_S91Posted 9/23/2013 5:03:40 AM(edited)
Just posting this to ask a bit about Nasus. First of all, how viable is Nasus against decent top laners who both have good champions to poke/harass/zone me early? Is it realistic to get 250-300 q stacks against those type of champions/players?

And more specifically, how do I beat garen, kha'zix and a good pantheon, particularly when im being sat on by their jungler?

I know there is a fair bit in here, but honest opinions and help would be greatly appreciated!
#2PrintScreenKeyPosted 9/23/2013 5:09:42 AM
Joshua_S91 posted...
Just posting this to ask a bit about Nasus. First of all, how viable is Nasus against decent top laners who both have good champions to poke/harass/zone me early? Is it realistic to get 250-300 q stacks against those type of champions/players?

And more specifically, how do I beat garen, kha'zix and a good pantheon, particularly when im being sat on by their jungler?

I know there is a fair bit in here, but honest opinions and help would be greatly appreciated!

Very viable.
Don't count on getting Q stacks. You can count on getting CS if you max spirit fire. Being tanky and chaining wither on the AD is more important than hitting with Q.
If you're being sat on by the enemy jungler, don't die so your team has less pressure to deal with. If you die, that pressure you're taking is gone and the jungler can move onto other lanes.
#3sunfalcon9Posted 9/23/2013 5:14:56 AM
Survive laning
---
nop
#4Joshua_S91(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 5:16:52 AM
But on the Q stacks, what if I only get<200 stacks by 20 minutes, I must say I feel really weak then. And as far as spirit fire, you are saying that I max it as a priority, get some easy longer range cs, but then how exactly do I affect the late game as a tank who can only wither? Is with that crippling to an adc in a team fight?

And thanks for the speedy response.
#5ineedaname88Posted 9/23/2013 5:27:11 AM
Wither got nerfed hard cause of how much it could cripple ANYBODY who needed to AA. It still does.

As a tank his spirit fire also shreds armor helping out your team, and Q stacks will really depend on how much of a nice little island you have. His ult also does decent AoE damage and increases your own damage also. Q stacks aren't all that important.
---
This post is being watched by the over sensitive Politically Correct crybabies.
#6PrintScreenKeyPosted 9/23/2013 5:27:51 AM
Joshua_S91 posted...
But on the Q stacks, what if I only get<200 stacks by 20 minutes, I must say I feel really weak then. And as far as spirit fire, you are saying that I max it as a priority, get some easy longer range cs, but then how exactly do I affect the late game as a tank who can only wither? Is with that crippling to an adc in a team fight?

And thanks for the speedy response.

If you're playing against a champion that can effectively harass and poke you, then you're not going to be getting Q stacks anyway. That's when maxing spirit fire becomes a good idea, you can clear wave safely.

In a normal situation where you're not getting destroyed then maxing Q is good for the lower cooldowns.

Late game you will do a lot of damage from your ultimate AOE and spirit fire. Q dmg is an bonus. It doesn't matter if you didn't get lots of Q stacks because you're a tank. Tanks don't need to be dealing damage, their main role is to CC. Withering the AD (their highest sustained dealer) is your main contribution. This is why getting CS in difficult lanes from maxing spirit fire is more important than stacking Q. You need tank items to stay in the middle of fights.
#7Plague1503Posted 9/23/2013 7:55:57 AM
yeah, pretty much everyone explained it nicely. think of your q stacks as a bonus on top of your already impressive tankiness/disruption - if you can get them, that's great, if not, that's fine too, you're far from useless without em
---
"Every time that IdrA accidentally lost a few drones i wanted to be like "TEN POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!""
--Day[9]
#8zefigPosted 9/23/2013 8:21:29 AM
I usually play as Nasus, and especially in s3 he's hard to disrupt.

Last night I was trying out Tryndamere, got first blood at lvl2 on Nasus. But he just rushed Randuins and became immune to damage.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#9Joshua_S91(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 4:47:11 AM
Probably should make another topic on this, but it is still a Nasus question. How exactly do I help the team in team fights and general pushing once I've dominated my lane? In games where i get 300+q stacks I can easily win my lane, but often bot lane goes 2-8 and a Vayne goes nuts for the opposition team, I can handle the Vayne in some situations, but when my adc is something like 2-10 I'm finding it really tough to win the games.

Am I just not choosing the right champion? Is it just impossible with a team that bad, or can I do something specific with Nasus, i.e. build, tactics?
#10EvilMeatBallNLPosted 9/24/2013 4:56:14 AM
Start DShield, Max q, afk farm. Congrats, you just won your lane!
---
"I wish there was a way to realise you're in the good old days before they're the old days."