So...what exactly does a season change involve?

#1iCuriousPosted 9/23/2013 7:29:36 PM(edited)
Aside from the obvious rewards and such, all I'm thinking here is sweeping changes. I started playing this game late last year, and within a month, we went into S3. I didn't look into it at the time, but I remember the removal of multiple items (one of which I think was Irelia's favorite), big jungle changes, and something that apparently ended the reign of tanky AD tops that also dealt massive damage? Or maybe it introduced them, idk.

Anyway, I'm guessing S4 won't just be a repeat of that. Is it just a massive patch of misc. changes, or is there something specific that they do with the season change? I specifically remember someone telling me that starting the game just before a season change probably sucked when I made a topic here about it.
---
? ? ?
#2VoidgolemPosted 9/23/2013 7:29:57 PM
ladder reset and nerfing the jungle.

not necessarily in that order.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqe4eqRA0v1qflc3ro1_500.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qhlgoAC.png
#3HagenExPosted 9/23/2013 7:32:02 PM
Everybody's ranked stats get a reset and stuff, some items might be introduced, a couple might be deleted, there will be some changes to jungles and a couple champ reworks/miscelanous fixes.
#4KirbixPosted 9/23/2013 7:33:32 PM
HUGE item changes.

We lost 4-5 items and gained over a dozen. Those items that stayed got a bunch of stat tweaks. No major changes to champions that I recall- that happens often enough during the season.

And yeah, jungle changes. But those honestly weren't huge. Not compared with what League of Black Cleavers did for the first month of S3.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#5Extension_ForcePosted 9/23/2013 7:36:39 PM
Haha league of black cleavers was hilarious. Couldve renamed it league of talons as well, he was in every game and just rofl stomped everything
#6zeppelin312Posted 9/23/2013 7:37:28 PM
any change riot wanted to introduce, but was too big to do mid season more or less

so major itemization changes, gold income changes, physical map structure changes, etc.
---
support rango gogogogogoggogogogo
#7HagenExPosted 9/23/2013 8:00:51 PM
Extension_Force posted...
Haha league of black cleavers was hilarious. Couldve renamed it league of talons as well, he was in every game and just rofl stomped everything

Talon, Lee, Pantheon were fearsome, but Garen was a nightmare.
#8EmoglobinPosted 9/23/2013 8:02:11 PM
I loved League of Cleavers.

Sadly, that brought League of Warmogs as a result, and that was the worst thing ever.
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#9KirbixPosted 9/23/2013 8:02:15 PM
HagenEx posted...

Garen was a goofy pubstomp. In the plat & diamond scene you saw panth & talon; only needed 1, maybe 2 BCs with a LW to wreck.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#10FlameLord23Posted 9/23/2013 8:03:14 PM
Kirbix posted...
HagenEx posted...

Garen was a goofy pubstomp. In the plat & diamond scene you saw panth & talon; only needed 1, maybe 2 BCs with a LW to wreck.

Don't forget Rivens and Kha's
---
It was Allen's wife!
LoL/Steam IGN: I Rock Ths