Would it really be too hard to change red and blue sides' perspectives?

#1scaler24Posted 9/23/2013 9:33:27 PM(edited)
That is, you would always get the bottom side of the screen. Some mirroring would fix the problem, right?

It just seems like blue side always has the advantage. And I actually always feel safer on that side.

But I'm just a scrub who isn't even ranking, so what do I know?...
---
The Official Herr Edgeworth of the Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Board
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy
#2DartkunPosted 9/23/2013 9:37:28 PM(edited)
Yes, it would break everything. The jungles aren't symmetrical completely they are close enough to be fair, also just think about this for a second.

How would Diana's skillshot look if it was flipped or not flipped.
---
GameFAQs where mods are allowed to troll
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#3scaler24(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 9:56:37 PM
I suppose the skills wouldn't be mirrored, right? And the jungle would still be the same.

For example if you were on the red side, the blue buff would still be on bot. Baron and Dragon would be in the places they're meant to be in a normal game.
---
The Official Herr Edgeworth of the Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Board
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy
#4Lightning BoltPosted 9/23/2013 9:56:48 PM
I doubt it would be too difficult, considering a few mods have been made which grant full camera control with very few issues.

Riot just hasn't got the sense to be ashamed of how terrible this game's controls and UI are.
Either that or they realize that there's not as much money in fixing useability as there is in releasing a ton of skins for people to buy.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#5the_rowanPosted 9/23/2013 9:59:45 PM
Dartkun posted...
Yes, it would break everything. The jungles aren't symmetrical completely they are close enough to be fair, also just think about this for a second.

How would Diana's skillshot look if it was flipped or not flipped.

It would be exactly the same considering this would be a 180 degree rotation if we wanted purple side to look like blue, not an actual flip.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#6UnderwaterAirPosted 9/23/2013 10:02:54 PM
I asked the same question at the official forums a few months ago and the only responses I got were from a few people you didn't understand what I was even asking.

It honestly shouldn't be hard at all. If you're on blue side the camera should just flip from the other side down. Since this is a fully 3D game it should not be a problem unless the other side of the terrain is not detailed/colored in/texturized.

The only things different would be that it might be tougher to coordinate your team considering the amounts of stupid we already see in the game. When top doesn't understand that when they're on blue side they must actually go bot. Or vice versa. Dragon, buffs, and baron would also simply be swapped along the origin/center of the map when you swap the camera over to the other angle as well.
#7TomorrowDogPosted 9/23/2013 10:05:40 PM
I feel like if the map was symmetrical from left to right with midlane going straight across the screen horizontally it would help a lot. This was something I loved about Twisted Treeline.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#8VoidgolemPosted 9/23/2013 10:06:03 PM
it used to be an option. As I recall it was removed so that they could take the cardboard-cutout approach and thus make the map load faster for people on toasters (the bits not visible from blue perspective aren't rendered).

Then again SR's undergone at least one major graphical overhaul since then.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqe4eqRA0v1qflc3ro1_500.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qhlgoAC.png
#9wantfastcarsPosted 9/23/2013 10:20:20 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
I feel like if the map was symmetrical from left to right with midlane going straight across the screen horizontally it would help a lot. This was something I loved about Twisted Treeline.

---
Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, League of Legends, Dead Space
i5-3570k | 8GB 1600MHz RAM | GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | 1TB HDD
#10natchu96Posted 9/23/2013 10:25:41 PM
Voidgolem posted...
it used to be an option. As I recall it was removed so that they could take the cardboard-cutout approach and thus make the map load faster for people on toasters (the bits not visible from blue perspective aren't rendered).

Then again SR's undergone at least one major graphical overhaul since then.

So in order to not alienate toasters we decided to block a third of red's screen with the HUD?
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena