Fun Mid Champs that's not banned a lot?

#1TohruAdachiPosted 9/25/2013 5:35:26 PM
Looking for some mid laners to play with that aren't banned to much like Zed/Ahri/Kassasdin and sometimes even Fizz I've seen get banned.

So I'm looking for some middle champs to play right now. I love Heimerdinger but sometimes I just get pissed knowing how good I do and getting all those towers but than nope,my team is just to bad and not like I can exactly "carry" when I mainly give kills to my teammates too,still love Heimer but looking for some others to play.

So off the top of my head,I really don't like Veigar,Malzahar,Lux,Akali, or Brand,they're just to boring for me. Cassopeia I disliked too,but she from what I read really requires you to be good at kiting in such so w/e.

So I'm just looking for a good mid champ (prefer not an bruiser/ad assassin) to play. Heimerdinger so slow,so just a champion that can actually roam and gank well.

So far from other mid champs I've played,I like Anivia,Ziggs, and Orianna are tons of fun and seem like really strong champions if I learn them,Fizz is just straight up,well I'm a bad player so I'd say "OP" but like I said,I've seen him ban a lot by Bronze/Silver players in normal draft.

Mid I have not played is Diana/Syndra/Xerath (looks fun),so little of Lissandra/Ziggs/Ahri. Played Zilean/Karthus
---
LoL Username : Drippy
"Lord High Lord of Faeries"
#2scaler24Posted 9/25/2013 5:39:14 PM
Y u no like Veigar? :<

Anyway, Roaming Annie seems about what you're looking for.
---
The Official Herr Edgeworth of the Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Board
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy
#3Mr_MeezPosted 9/25/2013 5:40:48 PM(edited)
Coming from me as a player: Diana is a lot of fun and Syndra is too. It's fun to leave a smoking, ball-filled, crater where an enemy champ used to stand.

Coming from me as a GFAQs guy: Acquire Swain
---
Ball-based champs are best and Lux is most kawaii.
#4SideshowBob311Posted 9/25/2013 5:49:50 PM
Xerath is damn slow, and gank-bait if you don't ward, but holy Christ is it fun to blow people up when they're not used to dealing with your super-extreme range.
---
"Whether or not you can handle it, you have just heard another statement of the TRUTH."
[WoT] - [Evil Republican]
#5TohruAdachi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 6:14:34 PM
SideshowBob311 posted...
Xerath is damn slow, and gank-bait if you don't ward, but holy Christ is it fun to blow people up when they're not used to dealing with your super-extreme range.

He looks freaking fun and don't worry,I make sure to always buy wards when I play. Never get ganked as Heimerdinger in the past 20 games I've played with him so far,or at least a successful gank.

Mr_Meez posted...
Coming from me as a player: Diana is a lot of fun and Syndra is too. It's fun to leave a smoking, ball-filled, crater where an enemy champ used to stand.

Coming from me as a GFAQs guy: Acquire Swain

Definitely gonna buy Diana next,looks amazing,same for Syndra. Swain,CSing seemed so hard when I first played him (i was still a noob though so CSing with skills lul.) but yeah I wanna try him,he's freaking strong,I hate going against a good Swain.

scaler24 posted...
Y u no like Veigar? :<

Anyway, Roaming Annie seems about what you're looking for.

Well I don't hate him,but he's only good for bursting down one champion and woop deee dooo,peace. I rather go Annie and yeah I might play her again,used to play her a lot as a noob.
---
#6kagster123Posted 9/25/2013 6:21:35 PM(edited)
Dfg Veigar can burst down a stunned squishy with active + q + w. Wait a few seconds than do it on someone else just replacing the active with ur ulti.

Anyway I play Syndra and shes really good. Her burst is basically op and if you're decent at aiming your E you can be great utility in teamfights as well. I recommend you pick her up. Also as mentioned Orianna and Dianna are really solid as well. Diannas a great roamer too.

edit- you might want to look into gragas as well
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
#7TohruAdachi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 6:55:31 PM
kagster123 posted...
Dfg Veigar can burst down a stunned squishy with active + q + w. Wait a few seconds than do it on someone else just replacing the active with ur ulti.

Anyway I play Syndra and shes really good. Her burst is basically op and if you're decent at aiming your E you can be great utility in teamfights as well. I recommend you pick her up. Also as mentioned Orianna and Dianna are really solid as well. Diannas a great roamer too.

edit- you might want to look into gragas as well

I don't know,might reconsider Veigar since I love yordles,especially the AP mids one. In my noob days I played ton of Ziggs and watching some Youtube videos,I love those W + Q combos.

As for Syndra,yea I read she's hard but strong as hell,and there's a great feeling to juggling 6 balls or something like that. Really wanna try her out. Orianna I played tons on free week,but just the concept of some robotic girl with a ball doesn't really appeal to me,but she is fun. Diana looks fun,and badarse,her or Ziggs is my next buy.

Gragas,I played a little during free week,like half a dozen games,he was pretty fun,I didn't like him that much though,but I might look into him again.
---
#8ZhaRnotczarPosted 9/25/2013 7:00:14 PM
Orianna is quite fun, I think. Especially if you don't mind giving kills to teammates, she's pretty amazing. Great utility through the whole game, amazing harass in lane, and all around good champ.
#9TohruAdachi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 7:30:14 PM
ZhaRnotczar posted...
Orianna is quite fun, I think. Especially if you don't mind giving kills to teammates, she's pretty amazing. Great utility through the whole game, amazing harass in lane, and all around good champ.

Yeah I noticed that,and she definitely seems worth learning,I hope to buy her one day but she's not gonna be my definite next purchase.
---
#10WyrmcraftPosted 9/25/2013 7:33:42 PM
Let me say this again, Vi.

She's a safe pick since people never ban her, she can go Dshield and lane against almost anyone, has a 1.15% scaling AD ratio on her poke (E) which is practically undodgable midlane. If you managed to hit them with E AA itself, the spell has a 2.15% AD ratio, Q has a 1.4 Ratio on it, R has some obscene ratio on it as well, and W scales super hard and does max health damage.

Plus you can either build her assassin with some raw AD to literally instantgib the enemy ADCs or you can go the patented renekton build of hydra, tanky, and finishing with a last whisper.

Q, Hydra proc while recovering from the impact animation, auto, E, this procs W and gives you attack speed and lowers their armor. That's your basic rotation, and you keep chasing after you land this. You can either lead with R or use it as a followup if they flash. If you lead with R, you want this combo to finish them since they might flash.

If you manage to land a full combo before you Ult, then they are basically dead since you can ult and follow up with a second auto, E to AA cancel followed by another auto (Second W proc), and maybe throw in an ignite on top of this. This full double rotation of E procs is an absurd amount of power, with a mind boggling set of scaling.

So to reiterate: Q, Hydra, AA, E, W proc, R, AA, E, AA, W proc, Ignite

That happens over the course of like 5 seconds, closer to 7 if you count the time Q and R take. If you land that combo perfectly it has a 11.1 AD ratio and does between an additional 8 and 20% of their max HP, scaling with an additional 1% for every 35 bonus AD you have.

You have 0 idea of how much that hurts, or how much Lane Vi hurts given just a Hydra and a Whisper. Or god forbid you go full assassin, Vi with like 300 AD is the scariest thing in the league if also far too squishy to be anything but a kill or two in a teamfight. I prefer Renekton style vi as she still hits like a fricking truck.
---
"Will the circle be unbroken, by and by, by and by? Is a better home awaiting, In the sky, in the sky?" ~ Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite