If people copy the pros so much, why do I never see lane swaps?

#1iCuriousPosted 9/25/2013 8:15:56 PM(edited)
Not once have I ever had a team that sent the adc/support lane to mid or top. Is it just something that only takes place at much higher elo?
---
? ? ?
#2darkwing1232Posted 9/25/2013 8:17:44 PM
I had it happen for the first time today. The 1 on the 2v1 side got completely wrecked. Not many soloQ players can deal with 2v1s especially without Jungler help and then everyone whines that the jungler isn't ganking.
#3IceBarragePosted 9/25/2013 8:18:05 PM
I'm currently Gold I in soloque, and whenever I pick Shen into Vladimir, I request a lane swap from my bot. They usually oblige, they first blood vladimir while I taunt someone bot under tower and get a kill for myself.
---
Rest in peace Fistsofdissent
New LoL IGN: NowILayTheeDown--still carries on day to day basis.
#4KURRUPTORPosted 9/25/2013 8:20:09 PM
Yeah idk why solo-que people try to emulate pro's. The game is completely different when actually playing as a team with voice communication and actual planning
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#5Lexar_Posted 9/25/2013 8:22:20 PM(edited)
It's a bit trickier to pull off in soloqueue since you will always be the one initiating the swap, which means you will have to send your bot lane top, which is more disadvantageous because you can't contest dragon while they're up there.

Pro teams have the coordination to swap back when they need to, everybody is on the same page.

Solo queue teams with complete strangers, not so much.
---
My fun begins where yours ends.
#6TohruAdachiPosted 9/25/2013 8:38:49 PM
Most importantly,why don't people focus on objectives and warding like pros...
---
LoL Username : Drippy
"Lord High Lord of Faeries"
#7iCurious(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 8:47:04 PM
Lexar_ posted...
It's a bit trickier to pull off in soloqueue since you will always be the one initiating the swap, which means you will have to send your bot lane top, which is more disadvantageous because you can't contest dragon while they're up there.

Pro teams have the coordination to swap back when they need to, everybody is on the same page.

Solo queue teams with complete strangers, not so much.

The thing about that is, I doubt people are really thinking to themselves "I better be in range to contest dragon", because that would be being objective focused. Also, a major benefit of solo queue lane swap is that unlike the pros, you can guarantee the lane you want.

You send your bot to top or even mid? Not only are you guaranteed the 2v1, but also unlike most pro games, you still get the benefit of 2-4 wards for that top lane, because solo queue isn't placing wards everywhere in the first minute.

In fact, now that I think about it, seems like the ultimate way to self carry out of any division would be to set yourself up in a 2v1 situation, giving your bot the benefit. If you're really considerably better than everyone you're against, you will thrive in the 2v1 while the enemy laner gets screwed, especially if your first buys are to sustain, while they go doran's, or elixir...
---
? ? ?
#8KeepItCivilPosted 9/25/2013 8:58:57 PM
I saw a 2v1 top recently. In silver. Our Rene ended up reeeeeally strong.
---
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/4/2/4/43424.jpg?v=1
To Carl Barks.
#9ikilledkenny2Posted 9/25/2013 9:10:13 PM
laneswaps are straight up unfun
#10user420Posted 9/25/2013 9:24:19 PM
Bot lane swapping with someone is something I've never seen in game either, but seeing like top or mid swap or something isn't all that uncommon if someone gets hard countered.
---
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.