this games match making is unbalanced comparing accounts i made in ranked queues

#1FightingBoarPosted 9/27/2013 12:00:40 PM
80/80

as an experiment i wanted to see how well match making pits you against players so i did this test throughout the whole season 3. i used 4 accounts, two of them were borrowed who only play the normals on them. all freshly ready to go into ranked. over all of season 3 i played a minimum of 150 ranked games on each of the accounts for a total of about 600 ranked games. i played the same standard champions on all of the accounts and played them all the same number of times per day, most of the time i would only play 4 games a day, one on each account. this way personal improvement was the same for all 4 accounts.

these are my findings:
account 1: after 150 games is ranked at gold i. win loss is 76/74
account 2: after 150 games is ranked at platinum ii. win loss is 88/62
account 3: after 150 games is ranked at silver iv. win loss is 69/81
account 4: after 150 games is ranked at platinum iii. win loss is 86/64

this is a huge difference in the accounts. i didnt make a graph but i did write down the number of d/cs and afks etc.

number of d/cs and/or afkers
account 1: 12 games
account 2: 4 games
account 3: 26 games
account 4: 8 games

numer of games i felt were uncarriable due to teammates feeding
account 1: 35 games
account 2: 33 games
account 3: 43 games
account 4: 36 games

number of games i felt the loss of the game was due to my fault. either by a critical mistake getting caught out late game or feeding etc.
account 1: 14 games
account 2: 13 games
account 3: 11 games
account 4: 14 games

number of games i felt i got carried. that is that i felt no matter how i played as long as i didnt feed miserably my team would have won the game.
account 1: 5 games
account 2: 8 games
account 3: 3 games
account 4: 12 games

i didnt count the number of close games as a majority of the games i had to play my best to win.

tl;dr: i feel like i am a platinum level player but it looks like match making is really poorly designed. especially when we see that even a consistent platinum level player can still end up in silver iv after 150 games. thoughts?
#2Mahlazer123Posted 9/27/2013 12:02:21 PM
>plat level player
>silver iv
>150 games
no.
#3sethyboy0Posted 9/27/2013 12:06:10 PM
Remember that you're placed based on your MMR, not your Eli. If those accounts had different starting MMRs from normals then it will change who they get placed with.
#4mrblobyPosted 9/27/2013 12:18:30 PM
sethyboy0 posted...
Remember that you're placed based on your MMR, not your Eli. If those accounts had different starting MMRs from normals then it will change who they get placed with.
normals doesn't contribute to your starting mmr only ranked from previous seasons. looks like he started with fresh accounts.

looks really unlikely from the numbers. the one that was placed in silver iv has tons of uncarrible games and d/c afkers. but you appear to be a platinum level player since two accounts were placed their with one almost at platinum.
#5QQjuicePosted 9/27/2013 12:35:01 PM
i noticed this too. i am in silver iii and my friends are in mid to high gold. but whenever i play with them i do so much better. i am unlucky with feeders and leavers and when i tell me friends how many i get they don't believe me.