The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why is Ahri considered an assassin?

#1VicesLegacyPosted 9/30/2013 11:56:09 PM
There are a bunch of qualities she's lacking that assassins <bold>usually</bold> have.
> She's not Melee
> She pokes really well
> She doesn't need to go all in to get kills
> Her full burst usually isn't enough to instagib someone (especially without DFG)

So why does everyone keep grouping her together with champions like Fizz and Zed?
#2Darkyellow327Posted 9/30/2013 11:58:29 PM
Extremely high mobility and if you can't drop someone with Spirit Rush x3, Charm, Fox Fire, Orb, and Ignite you are probably either very bad or incredibly underfarmed.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#3Chargers_31Posted 9/30/2013 11:59:17 PM
> She's not Melee
so?

> She pokes really well
so?

> She doesn't need to go all in to get kills'
so?

> Her full burst usually isn't enough to instagib someone (especially without DFG)
since when?
#4natchu96Posted 10/1/2013 12:00:29 AM
Her burst is enough. At least to assassinate people.

If you can assassinate people instantly I'd say you're an assassin.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#5Arken101Posted 10/1/2013 12:03:59 AM
She has burst, mobility, low durability.
That's as assassin as it gets.
---
[http://animebot.everyboty.net/pix/866.jpg] [http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png]
Disregard Choices, Acquire Swain
#6VicesLegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 12:04:44 AM
Chargers_31 posted...
> She's not Melee
so?

> She pokes really well
so?

so?

since when?

So these are generally characteristic of assassins, and Ahri feels a lot more like a bursty mage than a straight up assassin. Also, her combo takes awhile to kill. A Zed or an Akali could jump on you and you could be dead before you even know what's up, while an Ahri, best case scenario, would need like two whole seconds to drop you.
#7SorrySleepingPosted 10/1/2013 12:07:27 AM(edited)
According to Riot's list of Assassins, here are the ranged ones.
LeBlanc
Malzahar
Nidalee
Teemo
Tristana
Twitch
Vayne
Xerath

LeBlanc is for sure, can't be argued that she isn't an assassin, and is ranged.
Kha'Zix, Zed, Akali, and Talon can all poke very well.
Same could be said for most champions, but range (and three flashes) generally means you don't have to go all in.

LeBlanc vs Ahri damage (both ranged Assassins/Mages)

1435 (+ 370% AP) vs 1235 (+ 285% AP)
Ahri really only lacks in the burst department, but she can farm a lot easier than LeBlanc, and if they fail to snowball, Ahri can gain gold much easier.

VicesLegacy posted...
So these are generally characteristic of assassins, and Ahri feels a lot more like a bursty mage than a straight up assassin. Also, her combo takes awhile to kill. A Zed or an Akali could jump on you and you could be dead before you even know what's up, while an Ahri, best case scenario, would need like two whole seconds to drop you.

Maybe that's why she's one of the few assassin with hard CC? (that lasts two full seconds!)
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#8Mitsune_RakaenPosted 10/1/2013 12:06:40 AM
Chargers_31 posted...
> She's not Melee
so?

I think the point was that Kass, Zed, Akali, Talon, Shaco, Rengar, Kha, Kat, Eve, Fizz, etc are all melee while there are few actually ranged Assassins (LeBlanc and Ahri).
---
You can't take the sky from me.
#9Darkyellow327Posted 10/1/2013 12:07:48 AM
VicesLegacy posted...
Chargers_31 posted...
> She's not Melee
so?

> She pokes really well
so?

so?

since when?

Burst mages are different. They usually have:

Long range skills, horrible mobility, and insanely high damage.

The archetypal burst mage is Veigar. Ahri plays nothing like Veigar.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#10dennis941012Posted 10/1/2013 12:09:06 AM
blink + burst = asssasin
---
Painful Slow Death To Incompetent Junglers