Who do you consider the best and worst support characters?

#51joonyoungiePosted 10/10/2013 3:21:15 AM(edited)
Twidger posted...
Serious question: Why does taric suck now? Is it because of his cooldowns?

nothing really to do with Taric as a champ IMO. Right now ranged poke faux supports with CC are very strong in the meta game, Zyra/Annie/Fiddle. And with everybody going 4-7% Lifesteal and buying dorans as first item healer supports aren't as strong as they used to be.

The reason Nami and Sona are still good is because not only do they have ranged poke potential but they also have heal and AOE CC, I guess you can throw Lulu into this category as well.

Then you have Melee Supports with gap closers or "get over here's" Leona/Thresh(his poke is ok)/Blitz who despite not having ranged poke have very good all in potential. Alistar kinda fits this category as he has a gap closer but his all in isn't as good but he has a heal instead, making him more of a "body guard" support.

Then you have Taric. I wouldn't really call his stun a poke and even once u stun them you still have to walk your happy ass up to the enemy to get your shatter off. So the chances of you getting poked down while trying to support is higher on Taric and you can't insta punish like the other melee supports for being out of position.

Can't forget about Nunu, who's kind of been forgotten as a support and treated more as a counter jungler since his rework. He's still viable since you don't have to kill jungle creeps to get the buffs, you can just walk by on your way to lane and give them a quick nom but he's a lot better running a muck in the jungle.

Then there's Soraka. Only reason to really pick her imo is to counter a Karthus. You can make her work in the current meta but its so much more work for so little reward, not worth.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fiZMB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/TeSHa.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rBBQG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xUh6r.png
#52Master_LokiPosted 10/10/2013 3:07:53 AM
My top 5 would be something like:

Xyra
Thresh
Sona
Lux
Leona

Worst would be:

Alistar
Taric
Soraka
Teemo (just no...)

I personally play lux support (ranked and normals), shes my favorite, as well as the occasional Annie and Fiddle (only in normals).
#53scar the 1Posted 10/10/2013 3:10:03 AM
sephiroth3703 posted...
Nami gets picked in high level play and everyone sings her praises but I really don't see where it comes from. Every Nami I've seen in (admittingly silver level play) has been really lackluster.

I'm wood level (lv 23) and I like to think I play quite a competent Nami. For my level, of course. I can usually support my way to winning lane quite a lot, and her ult+Q is amazing for when someone comes to gank. In team fights following up an initiate with ult+Q again does wonders, and you barely have to hit the right target with W, since it bounces :)
I don't know, I think she's pretty easy to play, since she can be both aggressive and passive. The hardest part is in the beginning, since she's mana heavy. Once you get Chalice, or stock up on a few mana pots, those problems are gone :)
---
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.
#54Lightning BoltPosted 10/10/2013 4:33:04 AM
joonyoungie posted...
Then you have Melee Supports with gap closers or "get over here's" Leona/Thresh(his poke is ok)/Blitz who despite not having ranged poke have very good all in potential.

What's this sudden influx of people who think Thresh is melee?
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#55Raijingeki36Posted 10/10/2013 6:24:20 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
joonyoungie posted...
Then you have Melee Supports with gap closers or "get over here's" Leona/Thresh(his poke is ok)/Blitz who despite not having ranged poke have very good all in potential.

What's this sudden influx of people who think Thresh is melee?

Technically you have to get sort of close to land Flay, and his Death Leap makes him go to them so.... I can see why people think he's a melee.
#56drizleoPosted 10/10/2013 7:41:00 AM
Janna
And Leona
Reason why

Leona= Dat Q+E+W+R Ignite Then flash to safety dive

you'll piss someone off sooner or later either your adc because they didn't get the kill because you went balls deep

or their adc because their jungle didn't gank and support ditched them
---
PSN: GokaiGold 3DS FC-5300-9104-7286 Currently playing: Pokemon X/Y (Waiting till the 12th)