Is the community REALLY as terrible as we all say it is?

#1l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 10/9/2013 9:32:47 PM
See title ^ - Results (170 votes)
Hell yes. It is hands down the worst community I've ever seen.
31.18% (53 votes)
Yes. It is terrible.
26.47% (45 votes)
Sort of. It's bad, but a lot people exaggerate.
24.12% (41 votes)
No. Every community has its baddies, but LoL is no worse than other communities.
10% (17 votes)
Hell no. It's actually not that bad.
2.94% (5 votes)
Chicken Alfredo is amazing.
5.29% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The majority of the people I play with are silent or nice. Most are silent, but most games, I'll talk to people, and most are pretty nice guys. Some will apologize for mistakes, they'll thank others for helping them out, they'll listen to others ideas. If I make a glaring mistake, I'll apologize, and usually at least one person will say something along the lines of "hey, it happens". I rarely see anybody on the other team trash talking. I'll sometimes crack a joke if I just got a cool kill, or died in a cool way, and they'll laugh along with me, the ones I killed and the ones who killed me.
I'll see a toxic player maybe once every 10 or so games. I suppose my definition of toxic could be different than others, but I doubt that it's different enough to really change things.

I've been on the internet long enough to believe others when they talk about how toxic people can get, but as far as LoL goes, I've barely seen any of it firsthand. I'm sure some people exaggerate, but do you think that overall, the community isn't as bad as we all say it is? Or am I just blessed by the gods of matchmaking?

Now, I don't play Ranked (only level 27), and I wouldn't be surprised if Ranked players are a lot different,
---
I am fully aware that my username is stupid.
In my defense, I made it when I was 14. I, too, was pretty stupid back then.
#2DoomkillaPosted 10/9/2013 9:35:47 PM
I agree that it's likely exaggerated because people tend to focus on their negative experiences over their positive.
---
"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
Moiraine Damodred
#3SmurfyDPosted 10/9/2013 9:36:52 PM
It's pretty bad. I do like the best on my team every game yet every game I get cursed at and they tell me I suck and want me to go die. No exaggeration this is every game I play. Sometimes I don't even know why I play this game anymore.
#4Unit1027Posted 10/9/2013 9:38:26 PM
Chicken alfredo is good
#5batman3k5Posted 10/9/2013 9:40:32 PM
League has the worst community in video game history
---
Worst elo on GameFAQs forums
#6FlameLord23Posted 10/9/2013 9:40:58 PM
There's a reason I don't play anymore without friends.
---
It was Allen's wife!
LoL/Steam IGN: I Rock Ths
#7Raging FirePosted 10/9/2013 9:43:31 PM
Alfredo because you forgot the option for "more than one of the above." Part of the reason I quit playing SR was due to the "terrible"/"exaggerated bad" community. Really got tired of being forced to jungle/support most games, and then being blamed for not winning everyone else's lane for them. In contrast, dom community's "no worse"/"not bad".
#8Thalandor46Posted 10/9/2013 9:44:49 PM
The extreme majority of players I play with via solo queue are neutral, and I come across particularly positive players more often than I come across particularly negative ones. That's way better than I can say about other competitive game communities I've been a part of.
---
"as i fight, she watch me. so i pray, never to forget...that being Meguca was suffering!" -Hameru
#9zeppelin312Posted 10/9/2013 9:45:57 PM
it is super exaggerated
---
support rango gogogogogoggogogogo
#10Destroyer_713Posted 10/9/2013 9:47:24 PM
The fact that so much relies on the performance of your teammates, it can make normally passive people quite hostile. I mean, I know it's not the same genre or anything, but look at Team Fortress 2. It's quite heavily reliant on teamwork as well, but unlike League, dieing repeatedly to the enemy doesn't give them better equipment faster. That, and games are much, much quicker too, so it's not like you have to spend forever in a hopeless game.

TL;DR The longevity of League matches along with the high dependency on teammates' performance causes normally nicer people to get quite mad, resulting in a horrible community.
---
*I am not a car*