How is AP gangplank any different form AP nidalee?

#21NykzaPosted 10/12/2013 9:57:35 AM
Can his ult get kill half of the 3 minion waves while they're spawning?
---
http://i.imgur.com/w2Ni4.jpg
#22Veggeta XPosted 10/12/2013 11:56:45 AM
superh posted...
Veggeta X posted...
Someone show me a credible guild and video of AP GP I wanna see please.

The best guide is life.

Go top lane, build ap and own.

dorans ring>Sheen>kindlegem>visage/Lichbane>zonya>deathcap

Hybrid penetration, with 4 magic pen runes and going into offensive tree to pick up the arpen.
Even if you don't max Q stacking your passive owns people in lane with seen and magic pen.

Just tried a few vs AI games. He's great in lane but during mid to late game, he's nothing.
---
I'm anti-elitist
Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's that simple
#23Small_appliancePosted 10/12/2013 12:12:34 PM
Then you're doing it wrong. Late game Q does upwards of 800 damage.
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#24WebBowserPosted 10/12/2013 12:18:24 PM
APGPOP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PWNN3cX1pY
---
Arrogance Fail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYso30L9zI&feature=player_embedded
#25MizunoRyuuPosted 10/12/2013 12:27:40 PM
The difference is that Gangplank's damage is terrible until he has a Lich Bane and one other high AP item.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#26Veggeta XPosted 10/12/2013 12:37:58 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...
The difference is that Gangplank's damage is terrible until he has a Lich Bane and one other high AP item.

This. In my AI games I was incredibly weak until that and even then you suffer from being squishy. He definitely needs to stay with his tanky/dps build.
---
I'm anti-elitist
Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's that simple
#27EnglishLanguagPosted 10/12/2013 12:46:09 PM
Veggeta X posted...
MizunoRyuu posted...

This. In my AI games I was incredibly weak until that and even then you suffer from being squishy. He definitely needs to stay with his tanky/dps build.

His W alleviates this problem somewhat since building AP on Gangplank makes your oranges heal for stupid amounts of health, especially once you buy Spirit Visage.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#28Rookie_JetPosted 10/12/2013 8:48:24 PM
Darkemaste posted...
Is her heal even relevant/reliable past early game though? (assuming you actually still buy like a support, which TAPS Shaco can still easily get away with)
You seem to have missed the part of GP using Q to slow at range (it's not like he's going to use it on minions lol) and using E to help an ADC chase/escape, the former which helps secure kills and the latter which helps prevent him from taking damage in the first place. Not too mention it has no AD/AP scaling so it isn't actually hampered by actually building like a support.

Still a moot point considering TAPS Shaco has the best of both worlds really.

Edit~ Also, I didn't think I'd have to note that GPs ult can't be completely negated by a single minion.

Edit 2~
superh posted...
GP has a poke with Q comparable to a nidale spear with a lower cooldown. They both paly i nthe same way with it in team fights and in lane.
The only difference is that GP has better team fight presence.

GP can kite just as well as a nidalee thanks to his passive.

I'd like to take this moment note that GP's Q works with Tiamat/Hydra, and is therefore core for AoEplank.
Simply building a Tiamat already gives GP's Q more team presence than Nid's Q, not too mention it still applies GP's passive on each target and gives him pseudo-burst and instant 21% slow+DoT's to anyone around him.
(though only applies additional on-hit effects/spellblade on initial target)

First point, we were talking about AP builds...not support builds so yes, her heal is still relevant.

Second point, GP Q is not comparable to spear since it does not scale with AP. It does terrible damage past laning phase if you don't have AD and crit (which AP GP probably wouldn't have much of). If you want to say the lich bane makes it good, fine, but the Q itself is almost worthless. Also, utilizing the LB proc puts you in melee range. TC mentioned 600 AP. You don't get 600 AP and live very long in melee range unless you're Fizz with trollpole/zhonya's or Vlad with trollpool/zhonya's.

Your arguments sound much more interested in advocating whatever TAPS Shaco is than discussing AP GP vs. AP Nidalee.