Elise jungle help

#1shingo fanPosted 10/12/2013 10:57:51 PM
Just finished a game as Elise jungle and realized that I had very little idea what I was doing. I know you start with machete+5 and get W first, then boots+spirit stone first B, but beyond that it's sketchy (Ancient Golem or Spectral Wraith? Sorc. Boots still my go-to footwear? Hell, max W or Q first?). Any advice would be appreciated.

(if you were wondering, we won thanks to a fed Varus. I was 1/3/7. :/ )
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#2Milkydragon102Posted 10/12/2013 11:27:47 PM
Generally as Elise, you need to gauge how well you're doing, what your team needs and try to predict how the game will go.

After the first back for boots+Stone, it's good to assess how well you're doing. If you're fed, like 2-0/3-0, I'd recommend buying a Haunting Guise and turn it into a Liandry's Torment. You wanna be tanky. You already do a lot of damage thanks to her percentage damage on her Q, so m. pen is pretty essential. After that, I'd recommend getting Spirit of the Ancient Golem. It gives her tenacity and is just a great item. I'm not a huge fan of Spectral Wraith on her because I feel Ancient Golem gives you more bang for your buck whilst Spectral just makes you a *MUCH* better duelist. Kind of a personal call.

If the enemy team has a lot of AD, or a fed carry, Randuin's is always a good choice. Rappel in to their carry, drop it and proceed to nom on them. Rylai's is also a good choice for sticking to targets as it also makes you tankier and adds AP. Sorc boots are a preference as well. If you don't go Ancient Golem, it may be better to take Merc Treads depending on how hard you're getting CC'd or against teams with lots of CC.

My usual build is:

Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Liandry's Torment
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Randuins/Banshee's Veil (pending who on the enemy team is doing the most damage)
Sunfire Cape (luxury item, you're not likely to get a fifth item in most games)
Void Staff (if they're building lots of MR)/GA (if you need to carry and are getting focused)

But that's all just my two cents. I'm sure some kind GFAQ'er will be quick to correct me on how wrong this build it is, but it's worked out for me pretty well in my matches.

Oh and skill order is R > Q > W > E
---
TAAAAAAARKUSSSS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHtRggFsNA&feature=related
#3shingo fan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 7:14:49 AM
Just a thought: wonder where Aegis/Locket fits in; or do I need to convince the support to get it?
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#4FriedChicken219Posted 10/13/2013 7:20:34 AM
Ask enigma he says.he's the best Elise jungle
#5JDood5491Posted 10/13/2013 7:24:18 AM
Milkydragon102 posted...
Generally as Elise, you need to gauge how well you're doing, what your team needs and try to predict how the game will go.

After the first back for boots+Stone, it's good to assess how well you're doing. If you're fed, like 2-0/3-0, I'd recommend buying a Haunting Guise and turn it into a Liandry's Torment. You wanna be tanky. You already do a lot of damage thanks to her percentage damage on her Q, so m. pen is pretty essential. After that, I'd recommend getting Spirit of the Ancient Golem. It gives her tenacity and is just a great item. I'm not a huge fan of Spectral Wraith on her because I feel Ancient Golem gives you more bang for your buck whilst Spectral just makes you a *MUCH* better duelist. Kind of a personal call.

If the enemy team has a lot of AD, or a fed carry, Randuin's is always a good choice. Rappel in to their carry, drop it and proceed to nom on them. Rylai's is also a good choice for sticking to targets as it also makes you tankier and adds AP. Sorc boots are a preference as well. If you don't go Ancient Golem, it may be better to take Merc Treads depending on how hard you're getting CC'd or against teams with lots of CC.

My usual build is:

Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Liandry's Torment
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Randuins/Banshee's Veil (pending who on the enemy team is doing the most damage)
Sunfire Cape (luxury item, you're not likely to get a fifth item in most games)
Void Staff (if they're building lots of MR)/GA (if you need to carry and are getting focused)

But that's all just my two cents. I'm sure some kind GFAQ'er will be quick to correct me on how wrong this build it is, but it's worked out for me pretty well in my matches.

Oh and skill order is R > Q > W > E

This pretty much, I also run 9/21/0 masteries and magic pen marks and quints. Elise needs to be tanky as she's going to be in the enemies face in spider form. She also does a truck load of damage with low AP anyway due to %hp damage.
---
FC: 4484-8695-5026
#6AeternaNocturnePosted 10/13/2013 8:25:56 AM
No boots gg
---
"Getting the most important pick of the game is not a sizable advantage." - Zeppelin312
#7Milkydragon102Posted 10/13/2013 11:31:55 AM
shingo fan posted...
Just a thought: wonder where Aegis/Locket fits in; or do I need to convince the support to get it?

Locket is something you should discuss with your support. I usually only build it if I'm doing so-so and my teammates are doing really well. You could probably use it as a fourth or third item if you feel the shield and free stats will be more beneficial (or if you're getting your face bashed in everytime you get in a fight and you need to rely on your team to do good things).

And derp, I forgot to put boots in that build. Forgive me, Nocturne-senpai.
---
TAAAAAAARKUSSSS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHtRggFsNA&feature=related