Roles don't carry, champs do.

#1DiggleLordPosted 10/19/2013 3:31:03 PM
Voli, Amumu, Jarvan - junglers that can carry on their own
Elise, Lee, Zac - junglers that can't carry on their own but are still very viable.

Gragas, Ahri, Fizz - AP mids that can carry on their own
Morgana, Viktor, Eve - AP mids that can't carry on their own but are still very viable

Zed, Kha, Wukong - AD mids that can carry on their own
...there aren't that many AD mids. Kha was a stretch since nobody even plays him :/ and he's often top anyway.

Vayne, Ezreal, Corki - ADCs that can carry on their own
Kog'Maw, MF, Tristana - ADCs that can't carry on their own but are still very viable

Nasus, Jax, Kayle - tops that can carry on their own
Renekton, Rumble, Irelia - tops that can't carry on their own but are still very viable

supports never completely carry on their own, but blitz, thresh, and leona can hand you free kills whereas nami, janna, and soraka require coordination to be useful. all supports require a decent adc who can follow a lead, though. and then a team that can react to initiations where applicable (Nami, Janna, Leona, etc).

no one can 1v5 but certain champions when played properly provide a very small window for error by your teammates. a good Amumu or Malph initiation just makes it next to impossible for bads to mess up the fight.
---
All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
Put the pieces back together my way
#2Laocedric16Posted 10/19/2013 3:36:00 PM
What's there to discuss?

And what Division are you in to add Eve Mid in the list?
#3pinkpantherfan5Posted 10/19/2013 3:39:23 PM
Lee Sin totally carries though
---
"but mark is perfect waifu maiden tier"
#4kkeevvPosted 10/19/2013 3:40:20 PM
Laocedric16 posted...
What's there to discuss?

Eve mid is extremely viable...she's just not very used because of the balancing act that you have to do between cs'ing and hiding. You want your opponent to practically constantly be calling mia's until they pink the lane, but you don't want to abandon cs to do it.
---
LoL - Tsarius Steam - kkeevv PSN - Tsari
#5ilive4evaPosted 10/19/2013 3:40:22 PM
No Riven top? Fail.
---
America! A country that believes WWE is real and the Moon landing was a fake!
#6DiggleLord(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 3:59:29 PM
Laocedric16 posted...
What's there to discuss?

many people say a certain role is most important. but in reality it isn't the role you're playing but the champ. if you main support or mid that means nothing compared to what your pool is for that role. for example I main support but I don't really play Leona or Taric - I play the more passive supports like Nami, Soraka, & Janna

I'm plat 3. eve mid is viable in my opinion. very strong roaming mid. easy cs. can farm wraiths/wolves to make up for any cs lost under tower. strong ganks that can't be warded against except with pinks, which top certainly won't buy at most levels of play. bot sometimes has pinks but not in every entry, usually. loses a lot of matchups but she's like kass - roam, win.

also, this is for solo queue. pros already know this s***. and I'd say Eve is still viable for pros, just that right now there are better roaming mids. doesn't make her not viable. if those mids all got banned I could see her picked...but you're not just gonna waste all your bans like that.
ilive4eva posted...
No Riven top? Fail.

riven is a very snowbally top...too volatile to really say she can or can't carry on her own. any champ can carry on their own when fed. when she breaks even with enemy top though it's usually lackluster. pretty decent if she roams mid a lot, and if the enemy mid can be ganked by a riven.
---
All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
Put the pieces back together my way
#7MasterDarkenPosted 10/20/2013 1:09:49 AM
Champs don't carry, players do.
#8VoidgolemPosted 10/20/2013 1:15:33 AM(edited)
Lee sin can't carry on his own?

color me surprised.

anyhoo, I'd rate Pantheon over Kha in the "mids that carry on their own" category, personally.
---
"No I will not ask that guy, asking that guy unmakes reality more often than not"
http://i.imgur.com/qhlgoAC.png