What do you do when you are the support and...

#1Master of HatePosted 10/20/2013 9:53:22 PM
...your top lane is so awful, as in 0-6 by 10 mins, that the game essentially turns into a 3 v 2 bottom and 2 v 1 mid, courtesy of their jungler being able to run between the two all game?

I just had a game where this happened, and it was so bad that we literally couldn't get out from under our tower. Their top and jungler were roaming by around 9 mins in, and when I'd go to ward anywhere, we'd get dove on and murdered.

I tried to explain all game that you can't ward when you can't leave the tower, and all my ADC and mid did was rage that I had no river control. Despite me trying to tell them that we could not get to the river, they just kept complaining.

Watdo?
---
Writer, Reviewer, Interviewer, Beta Tester, Streamer, and Gaming Enthusiast
http://valkurm.enjin.com/home = FFXIV Ultros Free Company
#2chareyPosted 10/20/2013 10:12:20 PM
Try to group up and start team fighting?
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#3negative4Posted 10/20/2013 10:18:21 PM
I don't get why people sit under their tower when they know 4 enemies are coming for them. Just go back to base and give up the tower and ping someone to push an empty lane and pray to God somebody does.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#4Master of Hate(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 10:39:19 PM
No, I mean we weren't there when they were coming; we'd back off.

The problem was that I was getting raged at for not warding the river... but we never got out past the river during the entirety of the laning phase. Then, when they finally did dive us, the ADC was raging that it was my fault because I hadn't warded the river (even though I DID ward our tribrush)
---
Writer, Reviewer, Interviewer, Beta Tester, Streamer, and Gaming Enthusiast
http://valkurm.enjin.com/home = FFXIV Ultros Free Company
#5VoidgolemPosted 10/20/2013 10:40:19 PM
rage a lot, typically.
---
"No I will not ask that guy, asking that guy unmakes reality more often than not"
http://i.imgur.com/qhlgoAC.png
#6MizunoRyuuPosted 10/20/2013 10:51:17 PM
I know that feel.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#7KazrPosted 10/20/2013 11:20:59 PM
negative4 posted...
I don't get why people sit under their tower when they know 4 enemies are coming for them. Just go back to base and give up the tower and ping someone to push an empty lane and pray to God somebody does.

This needs to be stickied in 3 topics.
#8DamorahTalsetPosted 10/20/2013 11:25:24 PM
negative4 posted...

People should only do that when they know they can get a kill or two and drive the rest off/hold them until your team shows up. Like tank Naut mid-game, or as fed Trynd. Did both a few games ago.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#9Mogu_MoguPosted 10/20/2013 11:34:33 PM(edited)
When in doubt, group at mid and push.
That's about it.

If you delay it a bit they will use their advantage and push your towers first. With any luck, if you are able to group before they can rally behind their laner's advantage and you manage to take an objective or two, you've more than evened up the game.

Or you fail and they win off of it. Either way, you're making decisive moves about how you want the game to turn out rather than derping around the map like a bunch of bronze league players.

---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#10NazanirPosted 10/21/2013 1:30:10 AM
Focus less on laning, more on team objectives. Try forcing a fight at dragon, push towers, split push.
---
XboX GT - Nazanir