I never see any 9/21 Aatroxs

#1Zeron RBPosted 10/21/2013 5:26:04 AM
It's a little more understanding for jungle Aatrox which I see the most of, but the few times I see top Aatrox in the featured ranked matches, it's always 21/9.

Why is that? I've always had hell with 21/9 and get bullied out of lane by being that much squishier early game. Like I'm aware Jax is the hard counter to Aatrox, but he gives me so much trouble even with 9/21. I can't imagine how much worse it is with 21/9.
---
Sanban nin tame kansei AW2 charenji, datte kan tame kansei AW2 no-sankyu-isei charenji naradeha nawatobi nin'i misshon.
#2kkeevvPosted 10/21/2013 5:29:04 AM
Don't pick Aatrox if there's a chance you'll be laning vs Jax, lol. I love Aatrox as a champion, but when he has a bad matchup, it's baaad. Like 8/2, which, barring some of the Teemo matchups, is the worst in the game.
---
LoL - Tsarius Steam - kkeevv PSN - Tsari
#3Zeron RB(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:06:25 AM
The Jax thing was just an example. The mentality behind 9/21 is that it makes your bad match ups slightly better and your good match ups slightly worse (but still very good), and yet regardless of the match up I never see Aatroxs take 9/21.

Yet SOMEHOW they still do well against certain match ups that I've struggled with (Renektons, J4s) even with 21/9. That could simply be a case of me being bad and them being able to outplay though. I wouldn't doubt it.
---
Sanban nin tame kansei AW2 charenji, datte kan tame kansei AW2 no-sankyu-isei charenji naradeha nawatobi nin'i misshon.
#4lightdragoon88Posted 10/21/2013 7:08:05 AM
What do you build and what do you start with/level?
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#5Zeron RB(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:36:06 AM
I start with Dorans blade if I'm in a comfortable match up. If I'm in a less comfortable matchup, I go armor/5. I pick up another Dorans early. I build Bork and Hydra if I'm that far ahead. Bork/Hydra and Spirit Visage/Randuins if I need to. Sometime after that I build situational stuff. Maybe a LW or GA.

What I skill tends to vary. Usually I start E, Q, then W. If I feel the need for sustain early and am not too afraid of the jungler, I go E, W, then Q. I always max E first, and I used to max W after that, but nowadays it's been E>Q>W.
---
#6Walker_RealPosted 10/21/2013 10:03:42 AM
I run 9/21 with AD runes but I'm jungle.

I think it depends on your match up. Certain champions like Renekton personally I'd run 21-9-0, and go with blue CDR runes and E poke him and zone him early before he gets a chance to run rampant on me.

I can tell you one thing. Try running Aatrox mid if you can. Every time I top with him it's so lackluster it hurts, he just can't take out a top as fast as he needs to be able to. A mid on the other hand can be punished by his lack of resource cost and his all-in.

Just my 2 cents
---
God the Valiant