Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 10/21/2013 - Skarner rework incoming! Edition

#21KeepItCivilPosted 10/21/2013 6:04:18 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
AlmightyHamSandwich posted...
No, running around at ludicrous speed and sniping out of position suckers with his Ult was/is the most hilarious thing about Skarner.

Go play Rammus then, he's better at it anyways.
Leave Skarner alone. :( Or at least don't nerf him.

Like hell Rammus is better at that. A Skarner with enough MS is a Blitz pull that can't miss. Also, does anyone know if he can use Thresh's lantern while ulting?
---
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/4/2/4/43424.jpg?v=1
To Carl Barks.
#22Howdy7777777Posted 10/21/2013 6:05:18 PM
I enjoy the new kit but the E casting animation feels a bit weird. And now we have to decide between maxing Q first for damage or W/E for better ganking cc. I'm thinking that I'll max Q and either W second (with 1 point in E) or alternate W/E. What do you guys that have been trying him out think?
#23DartkunPosted 10/21/2013 6:08:26 PM
KeepItCivil posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...
No, running around at ludicrous speed and sniping out of position suckers with his Ult was/is the most hilarious thing about Skarner.

Go play Rammus then, he's better at it anyways.
Leave Skarner alone. :( Or at least don't nerf him.

Like hell Rammus is better at that. A Skarner with enough MS is a Blitz pull that can't miss. Also, does anyone know if he can use Thresh's lantern while ulting?

He can't
#24AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 10/21/2013 6:47:25 PM
Howdy7777777 posted...
I enjoy the new kit but the E casting animation feels a bit weird. And now we have to decide between maxing Q first for damage or W/E for better ganking cc. I'm thinking that I'll max Q and either W second (with 1 point in E) or alternate W/E. What do you guys that have been trying him out think?

I can't imagine his skill order changes since E remains his weakest skill despite being upgraded. You could leave it as a one point wonder and still get plenty of use out of it since the slow is still substantial and the cooldown doesn't go down as you max it. R > Q > W > E, as before, except now you get E at level 3/4 instead of level 13.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | 2013 NBA Champions. | The Threepeat is next.
A TWSSted bastard.
#25Village IdiotPosted 10/21/2013 7:29:12 PM
Darkemaste posted...
Eh, I still have mixed feelings about this.

Tbqh him losing his AoE permaslow hurts his biggest contribution to teamfights in ARAM.

But the trade off for a more potent/spammable shield, it's increased MS, and not having his AS steroid tied to it (albeit lower numbers) seems pretty decent actually.

Also, did they decide to not keep the initial root on ult change? That seemed like fun tbh.

Dammit, I just thought of something I've never even previously considered on him.....
something to do with passive+tiamat+new q's AS steroid and it's short cd......

Well, he still essentially gets perma slow once he gets Frozen Fist.
---
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch
#26Howdy7777777Posted 10/22/2013 3:33:25 PM(edited)
Howdy7777777 posted...

I can't imagine his skill order changes since E remains his weakest skill despite being upgraded. You could leave it as a one point wonder and still get plenty of use out of it since the slow is still substantial and the cooldown doesn't go down as you max it. R > Q > W > E, as before, except now you get E at level 3/4 instead of level 13.

That makes sense. The slow gets stronger as you level it up but if you are leaving one point in it and maxing W then the speed boost is roughly the equivalent of a stronger slow, plus the shield.

A stronger slow would help with letting your laner's keep up damage on the gank target though.
#27ineedaname88Posted 10/22/2013 3:37:45 PM
That Morg W..... still gutted.... Gonna miss doing double damage when making people go negative.
---
This post is being watched by the over sensitive Politically Correct crybabies.
#28g-cube_mastaPosted 10/22/2013 3:39:56 PM
The Skarner changes are great.

He should never have had a permaslow to begin with, that's what made it so difficult to buff him.

His new E alone is amazing. Consider that for ganks you now have a ranged (and it's long range too) slow, a haste and your ultimate.

Add in red buff or a gauntlet late game and you're one of the best pre6 gankers and definitely still a great post 6 ganker (especially since they're doing that root thing to make his ult unflashable).

This makes him a much better champion. He's going to clear fast and have great ganks, I'm fine with that. At that point you don't even need damage when you're a counterjungling and CC machine.

He seems very good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sNW9yoI.jpg