Exact way to beat Tryn, when playing Nasus?

#21ShyGuySayPosted 10/23/2013 9:34:00 PM
HyperTailsMan posted...
infinitexx posted...
HyperTailsMan posted...
Like everyone else.

Tank Masteries. Lifesteal Quints.

Survive until rushed Spirit Visage.

Never die afterward.

Rushing SV is going to let Trynd pound you for way too long, go Armor before MR against him.

Wither.

You should still build armor first against an AD lane.
---
Worst LoL Player NA.
IGN: Shyguysay/Ritoplisnerf
#22MassOfFleshPosted 10/23/2013 9:34:47 PM
Actually a good Tryn will usually get Shiv pretty early so he doesn't do 100% physical damage, but yeah SV is bad first.
#23HyperTailsManPosted 10/23/2013 9:50:00 PM
ShyGuySay posted...
HyperTailsMan posted...
infinitexx posted...
HyperTailsMan posted...
Like everyone else.

Never die afterward.

Rushing SV is going to let Trynd pound you for way too long, go Armor before MR against him.

Wither.

You should build Spirit Visage first on Nasus because it's literally his best item. His natural lifesteal is already insane, coupled with quints and Spirit Visage you can have like 25% in the first 10 minutes.
Health is great, regen is good, CDR is more core than anything. Mres is just an afterthought.

Because of Wither he shouldn't ever really touch you. Spirit Visage lets you stay in lane forever and charge up your Q faster.
---
Just call me HTM.
#24LOZLTTPPosted 10/23/2013 10:01:32 PM
Rushing a Spirit Visage against Tryndamere is perhaps the most ridiculous suggestion I've read on this forum today.

Even buying just a kindlegem and a glacial shroud would legitimately be a better idea.
---
raytan
what a guy
#25ChocOdinPosted 10/23/2013 10:03:15 PM
MassOfFlesh posted...
Actually a good Tryn will usually get Shiv pretty early so he doesn't do 100% physical damage, but yeah SV is bad first.

a god trynd will itemize against his lane opponent. Especially one that isn't going to roam. the reality is trynd has the upper hand in the match-up because Nasus is forced to go defensive in lane. Any champion that is forced to rake defense over offense in a match-up is the losing lane. They will end up with less CS, less experience, and will overall have less damage come later stages of the game.

There are things you can do as Nasus to help prevent the discrepancy in power, but short of getting serious help from your teammates, Tryndamere will roll you.

Previous posters have mentioned focusing on rushing strong sustain items. This is folly. Tryndamere needs vamp scepter to out-sustain you in lane, and it's a damage item. As tryndamere's early game relies heavy on vamp scepter and Q to get him through his laning phase, you're actually better off on focusing on your mana pool and armor. As such IBC can be a good rush item. The problem here is you're going for glacial first instead of sheen, and that can allow trynd to get early damage on your tower. If you're confident in your ability to clear and control minion waves, then this is your best route to stay on somewhat even ground with trynd.

If you find yourself dying or being forced from lane early, I recommend picking up a Philo stone. The sustain is useful early on and it will help make up for the mounting gold discrepancy. Note that if you choose to purchase this item, you are largely focusing on stacking Q instead of focusing on your overall cs/minion wave control.

Of the two strategies, the first is more effective overall, but takes more skill to use. The second focuses almost solely on late-game. Both involve losing your tower early without jungle help, but that's just the lane match-up. Good luck in future matches, and I strongly suggest learning more about lane manipulation.
---
"You're not quite courageous enough to take that risk. You need to be a Badass first." -Persona 3
#26gkh5Posted 10/23/2013 10:03:25 PM
Eh even if Visage is his best major item, I still think glacial shroud or warden's mail should be your first item against such a heavy AD lane. Even if you save it, you should be in lane long enough to enjoy the laning benefits of the early mana, CDR, and armor of shroud and then still get your visage before **** starts going down.
---
LoL IGN: NextLevelBuildsGG
#27Chargers_31Posted 10/23/2013 10:13:09 PM
Why is this at 26 posts

Trynd is not hard. Trynd is only good at dueling if he has fury. Trynd can only get fury from auto attacking. Which means he has to push in the wave, which means you can farm at your turret.

Just start cloth 5, rush glacial shroud and get Q stacks since there's not much he can do to stop you from farming. He won't build defense so you can just bully him out of lane once you get 200 stacks or so.
#28AeternaNocturnePosted 10/23/2013 11:38:52 PM
Chaotic Warrior posted...
Ninja Tabi, Randuins Omen, Trinity Force, Thornmail, and Ravenous Hydra. For the last item why not add in some CDR or Attack speed with either a Iceborn Gauntlet, or a Zephyr. Laugh as he tickles you and you out sustain him.

Also wither up around 80% of the time on him.

And this, folks, is an example of how to not build any champion ever for any reason
---
"Getting the most important pick of the game is not a sizable advantage." - Zeppelin312
#29natchu96Posted 10/23/2013 11:47:44 PM
ShyGuySay posted...
HyperTailsMan posted...
infinitexx posted...
HyperTailsMan posted...
Like everyone else.

Never die afterward.

Wither.

I go cloth 5 start and lifesteal quints, then proceed to ignore him. If their jungler is AP, I can ignore him too and proceed to have an excuse to rush SV.

Wither uses up mana, and I know it's not always up, but I've been noticing that Wither is really your only thing that does much to the mana pool. Well, maybe Spirit Fire too, but that thing isn't likely to save you any time soon unless the armor shred gave you just enough lifesteal'd hp to hit him one last time or something rare like that.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#30kainxkixirPosted 10/24/2013 5:59:48 AM
AeternaNocturne posted...
Chaotic Warrior posted...
Ninja Tabi, Randuins Omen, Trinity Force, Thornmail, and Ravenous Hydra. For the last item why not add in some CDR or Attack speed with either a Iceborn Gauntlet, or a Zephyr. Laugh as he tickles you and you out sustain him.

Also wither up around 80% of the time on him.

And this, folks, is an example of how to not build any champion ever for any reason

That's a good build....if the enemy has no AP. You'll get merked otherwise.
---
I am paranoid.