Things I should get used to doing while still a noob for later on?

#1BikkiBikkiPosted 10/27/2013 5:31:50 PM
Basically, I mean things that have nothing to do with champion mechanics but more like general things that veteran players do that I should learn?

One thing I can think of is not using the locked camera. I just can't seem to be able to use the other one, I'm just paranoid of leaving my champ offscreen I guess?

I'm level 15 atm if anyone cares.
---
PSN: RpgGamer4Lyfe
FC: 0645-6743-3966
#2MosterSlayerPosted 10/27/2013 5:36:38 PM
If you want a locked camera every now and then for whatever reason stick to using the spacebar.
#3Theivey3Posted 10/27/2013 5:40:09 PM
Smartcast. It will increase your performance by 100%+
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pg5EG.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/theivey3 | LoL IGN: Vulcane
#4BikkiBikki(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:42:22 PM
Theivey3 posted...
Smartcast. It will increase your performance by 100%+

I already use that, but for some reason I feel like this could also be bad for skills that you aim?
---
#5RyliksPosted 10/27/2013 5:43:38 PM
Wards, NOT LOCKED SCREEN u need map awareness ... Good map awareness. Look at the map check jungler position ( enemy ) for potential ganks your eyes should ever so often look at the minimap to check.
Press tab to check enemy items, to counter build and see if they bought wards.
If you see wards getting placed by enemies ping them to the jungler with a sinple ping and chat"ward"
Practice last hits ofc.
Don't overextend too much, unless fed, baiting, ur jungler performing a lane gank, perfectly warded. Etc.
Seriously consider buying wards not 10 or so... God forbid, but 1 or 2 if ur budget allows it helps not only you, but the whole team. Especially if you are deep and splitpushing etc.

In mid lane when u got some power do the wraith camp whenever possible and when ur lane is shoved for additional cs ( thats farm )
Use flash over walls if possible, but I guess you know that ;)

Objectives > kills. It always matters more to get a tower, drake, baron, inhib than to get a single kill. Due to global gold and the fact that its a damn objective =P
#6BikkiBikki(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:51:08 PM
Ryliks posted...
Wards, NOT LOCKED SCREEN u need map awareness ... Good map awareness. Look at the map check jungler position ( enemy ) for potential ganks your eyes should ever so often look at the minimap to check.
If you see wards getting placed by enemies ping them to the jungler with a sinple ping and chat"ward"
Practice last hits ofc.
Don't overextend too much, unless fed, baiting, ur jungler performing a lane gank, perfectly warded. Etc.
Seriously consider buying wards not 10 or so... God forbid, but 1 or 2 if ur budget allows it helps not only you, but the whole team. Especially if you are deep and splitpushing etc.

In mid lane when u got some power do the wraith camp whenever possible and when ur lane is shoved for additional cs ( thats farm )

Objectives > kills. It always matters more to get a tower, drake, baron, inhib than to get a single kill. Due to global gold and the fact that its a damn objective =P

I just can't get used to moving my mouse on the edge of the screen while moving, I guess it just takes practice?
---
#7ShinyGroundonPosted 10/27/2013 5:53:29 PM
BikkiBikki posted...
Ryliks posted...
Practice last hits ofc.

I just can't get used to moving my mouse on the edge of the screen while moving, I guess it just takes practice?

You can use the arrow keys too, if that helps.
#8BikkiBikki(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:56:31 PM
ShinyGroundon posted...
BikkiBikki posted...
Ryliks posted...
Practice last hits ofc.

Is that how most people do It? Seems like too many keys including skills and items, etc.
---
#9ShinyGroundonPosted 10/27/2013 5:57:27 PM
BikkiBikki posted...
ShinyGroundon posted...
BikkiBikki posted...
Ryliks posted...
Practice last hits ofc.

Is that how most people do It? Seems like too many keys including skills and items, etc.

I use both cameras, but when it's unlocked I prefer to use the arrow keys.
#10Lightning BoltPosted 10/27/2013 5:58:42 PM
BikkiBikki posted...
Is that how most people do It?

No not at all.
Most of the time they just do as you do, move the mouse to the edge of the screen and then click forward a little and mouse to edge and click forward. Back and forth over and over.

At least, that's if you're on purple side. If you're on blue side you can get away with locked camera most of the time, just unlock it when you need to look at a different part of the map.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev