Things I should get used to doing while still a noob for later on?

#11BikkiBikki(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:05:13 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
BikkiBikki posted...
Is that how most people do It?

No not at all.
Most of the time they just do as you do, move the mouse to the edge of the screen and then click forward a little and mouse to edge and click forward. Back and forth over and over.

At least, that's if you're on purple side. If you're on blue side you can get away with locked camera most of the time, just unlock it when you need to look at a different part of the map.

How about when you wanna move the camera down? I noticed it doesn't let you.
---
PSN: RpgGamer4Lyfe
FC: 0645-6743-3966
#12HMandACFanPosted 10/27/2013 10:34:09 PM
You can click on the mini-map to move...thats what I do if I'm going long distances. Then I'll check around the map some, especially where I'm headed. Also, you should practice having better map awareness. Playing Karthus, Gangplank, and Shen help FORCE you to be more aware as you could easily pick up a kill or turn a fight in your team's favor if you use your ult at the right moment. To a lesser extent, you could use Pantheon, Twisted Fate, Soraka, or any of the many ADC's with global skillshot ults (Ashe, Ezreal, Draven, Jinx). But the first 3 I mentioned are better and more reliable. Also, you should learn to use Flash, as it's severely OP right now (hopefully that don't change in season 4) and use it almost every game (unless you're playing someone that Ghost is better for, like Master Yi or Hecarim). And finally, realize that a turret is worth more than your life. If you die getting a turret, that's good, and it was worth it. Your team not only probably got more gold but also an objective.
---
Add me on Skype! tiamats4esgares --- League of Legends IGN (NA): MeltedWater
#13Darkyellow327Posted 10/27/2013 10:40:30 PM
Wards. Learn how to ward
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#14m0k3tal1tyPosted 10/27/2013 10:41:48 PM
One thing I'm trying to get into a habit of, but will definitely make a difference, is smart self-casting spells
---
PSN: Reventon_3212
Most everything else: m0k3tAl1ty - http://i.imgur.com/9lHRD9g.jpg
#15Darkyellow327Posted 10/27/2013 10:44:22 PM
m0k3tal1ty posted...
One thing I'm trying to get into a habit of, but will definitely make a difference, is smart self-casting spells

I can't imagine playing Kayle without self-cast.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#16Morrowind789Posted 10/27/2013 11:04:42 PM
as far as camera control goes, you can just tap space to recenter it, or hold space to "lock" it
---
SC2 : Koroioz 450
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS
#17MassOfFleshPosted 10/27/2013 11:09:49 PM
Try to push your lane to the enemy's tower before recalling back to base.
#18zappiest_kidPosted 10/27/2013 11:12:56 PM
BikkiBikki posted...
Basically, I mean things that have nothing to do with champion mechanics but more like general things that veteran players do that I should learn?

One thing I can think of is not using the locked camera. I just can't seem to be able to use the other one, I'm just paranoid of leaving my champ offscreen I guess?

I'm level 15 atm if anyone cares.

ward and learn how to use wards to your advantage. For example is jungle toplane? take dragon if your team can or maybe gank bot and take their tower or take mid tower a great prize indeed.
---
Knowledge and skill are very different I tend to be more lacking in the latter rather than the former.
#19HMandACFanPosted 10/27/2013 11:53:05 PM
Just in case you don't already know: you can press Alt + Q/W/E/R/1/2/etc to cast spells or use items on yourself. (That's default, anyway.) I didn't know that until I was playing the game over a year! And it's real useful on certain champions (Kayle, Nami, etc.).
---
Add me on Skype! tiamats4esgares --- League of Legends IGN (NA): MeltedWater
#20natchu96Posted 10/28/2013 12:47:52 AM
BikkiBikki posted...
Theivey3 posted...
Smartcast. It will increase your performance by 100%+

I already use that, but for some reason I feel like this could also be bad for skills that you aim?

If you have experience with a champ, unless the skillshot (the skills that need aiming) is curved like Diana's Q or some other strange trajectory, if you still need the range indicator to aim you're doing it wrong.

If anything, you won't be hitting anything without smartcast pretty soon because you have to click two buttons instead of one. A skillshot can mean life or death.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena