This game needs Pro Players with more personality.

#1Bigtymer113Posted 11/2/2013 7:31:52 AM(edited)
In order for this game to be marketable in NA, the professional players need to market themselves a bit better. While they all seem pretty chill...none of them are interesting. The only thing that separates them is what lanes they play.

Scarra and to a lesser extent Meteos are the only professional players I enjoy watching. Wildturtle is fun to watch especially when he plays Vayne but he is so quiet and almost never shows emotion. Dyrus is annoying. Reginald is an idiot. I like Voyboy's stream because he explains as he plays why hes doing what hes doing and commentating, but hes quiet and doesn't show much emotion. Most of the European players are quiet or just aren't that interesting. No one can understand the Korean players obviously.

If this game wants to be considered a real sport it needs to have marketable players. The NFL has players like Calvin Johnson or Peyton Manning...NBA has Kobe and LeBron...MLB has Miguel Cabrera and David Ortiz...and so on.

Anyone else agree?
---
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. -gunsndroses
GT: Swizzy Dangles
#2KonaflarePosted 11/2/2013 7:31:38 AM
The stereotype for gamers is quiet anti-social shut ins. These kinds of people don't have a whole lot of social confidence, least of all for the media.
---
Wolves hunt in packs!
PSN: Konaflare | DA Pawn: Ashe | Please give feedback if hired!
#3Master Of The DeadPosted 11/2/2013 7:33:12 AM
I really like TheOddOne and Krepo.
---
Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif http://i.imgur.com/lAxcrb8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/qQl8sDl.gif
#4scar the 1Posted 11/2/2013 7:35:53 AM
Krepo is cool, Aranea is cool, Alex Ich is cool, some other ones are cool too. Pro players with more personality will probably emerge when the pro scene grows.
---
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.
#5Bigtymer113(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 7:37:30 AM
The stereotype for gamers is quiet anti-social shut ins.

Exactly. They need to break the mold. This is the most played videogame on earth and someone needs to come forward and show some personality. Trick2g does a good job of that but hes not a pro. Imagine if there was a player with a personality like Optic Scumpy...dude would probably have a million followers on twitter and be a good ambassador for the esport.
---
#6MageGuyInfinityPosted 11/2/2013 7:37:33 AM
Watch Bjergsen stream. On the surface he looks like a shy kid but he's anything but..
---
Do not support the racism that is Resident Evil 5
#7Bigtymer113(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 7:39:05 AM
I've heard of the people you guys have been listing, but I haven't seen their streams and I will check them out.
---
#8KonaflarePosted 11/2/2013 7:46:36 AM
Bigtymer113 posted...
The stereotype for gamers is quiet anti-social shut ins.

Exactly. They need to break the mold. This is the most played videogame on earth and someone needs to come forward and show some personality. Trick2g does a good job of that but hes not a pro. Imagine if there was a player with a personality like Optic Scumpy...dude would probably have a million followers on twitter and be a good ambassador for the esport.

I agree completely man, in a sport with so many players and fans you'd think SOMEONE would be both good at the game and have more personality than a spoon.
---
Wolves hunt in packs!
PSN: Konaflare | DA Pawn: Ashe | Please give feedback if hired!
#9XelltrixPosted 11/2/2013 7:49:58 AM
Pro-Players/Streamers that are fun to watch:

Meteos
Scarra
PhantomL0rd
Ocelote
Voyboy

I watch Froggen and Ich play as well because I like mid but, for the most part, the rest are stale and boring without much personality or bad attitudes (well, PL kinda has a bad attitude but at least he's hilarious).

So yeah, I kind of agree.
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#10Coop14Posted 11/2/2013 7:50:53 AM
I agree completely TC.

But I mean there are people like us who are normal then the pro gamers who usually shut ins and really anti social.

Some are pretty normal though.
---
Trolling the Internet is like trying to cry for attention.
You can keep crying but eventually you won't get what you want.