Best champions to learn each role?

#1King_of_GoatsPosted 11/4/2013 3:47:22 PM
I'm trying to teach my brother who just started this game how to play each role, but I'm having a hard time deciding which champions are good to learn with. Advice?
#2Sword_SlasherPosted 11/4/2013 3:52:29 PM
Top - Garen
Mid - Annie
ADC - Sivir
Support - Taric
Jungle - Warwick
---
Posted from my N-Gage
#3dr_burger92Posted 11/4/2013 3:53:19 PM
Riot offers a little bit of a clue with the champs that they have marked down to 450 ip. Ryze and Annie are fairly easy to pick up as AP mids. Soraka's kinda like baby's first support. You can learn ADC with Ashe. Garen is pretty simple to learn too if you want to be a bruiser/topper.

I wouldn't touch jungle until they have a decent understanding of the other roles though.
---
FC: 2664-2858-8812-----Steam ID: viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
#4ZhaRnotczarPosted 11/4/2013 3:57:28 PM
Sword_Slasher posted...
Top - Garen
Mid - Annie
ADC - Sivir
Support - Taric
Jungle - Warwick

I'd change warwick to nunu and taric to janna. Otherwise a list I agree with entirely.
#5Chargers_31Posted 11/4/2013 4:12:23 PM
Top: Nasus/Kennen
Jungle: Nunu
Mid: Nidalee
ADC: Ezreal/Cait
Support: Sona

I don't know if the "450" champs are really the best for learning.

At top, Nasus can sustain like hell and is really forgiving, especially playing against other newbies (gonna get wrecked against a smurf though). Kennen is ranged and can escape from anything.

Nunu jungle for obvious reasons

Mid: Nidalee, even though she has two forms is pretty easy to pick up. E gives you good sustain in lane and Q's are fun and can teach him how to skill shot. Cougar W will let him escape sticky situations, and let's be real, none of her skills are THAT complicated. Yes there's 6 (7?) skills, but they're all straight-forward.

ADC: Cait and Ezreal both have good escapes and are more forgiving of bad positioning, engages.

Support: Sona. Idk. She's who I learned to support with and I couldn't think of an easier champ to learn with. Don't even need to worry about auras/power chords at the beginning. Just Q when bad guys are near and W when someone is low.
#6King_of_Goats(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 4:24:04 PM
Thanks guys!
#7PsyborgasmPosted 11/4/2013 4:40:32 PM
Can't comment on all roles but I feel Ashe is a good champ to learn ADC. She isn't as amazing as others but she will teach you good positioning if you're really focusing on learning what you're doing wrong. For support Soraka is pretty easy. I found karthus to be a good mid as his Q is useful for last hitting and his wall is great for defending vs ganks. Jungle I love Amumu and Xin. They have fairly simple kits and can pull off good ganks. Top I'm not fully sure. I only ever play Jax.
#8wantfastcarsPosted 11/4/2013 4:48:31 PM
Top: Jax, Garen, or Nasus
Mid: Annie, Lux, Nidalee
ADC: Ashe, Caitlyn, Ezreal
Support: Sona, Leona, Janna
Jungle: Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Warwick

Also, I believe all of these champions except Leona, Ezreal, and maybe Nidalee (don't remember her price off the toip of my head) are all 3150 IP or less, so they shouldn't take too long to be able to afford. Leona and Ez are 4800, too.
---
Now Playing: Pokemon Y Version, League of Legends
i5-3570k | 8GB 1600MHz RAM | GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | 1TB HDD