Hmm pantheon in season 4

#21BhelliumPosted 11/12/2013 12:52:14 AM(edited)
Pantheon is fantastic at last hitting under tower though... and it's not like you can outroam him.

No way in hell do early Nid spears>Pantheon spears, btw. The others I can agree with (if you're not good at spotting the LeBlanc or cant just E both), in very vague terms if you don't accept the fact that pushing the wave against Panth is not exactly what he wants, given how ez mode it is to gank for someone with fantastic burst and a targeted stun.
---
Standby for original and insightful thoughts.
#22ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/12/2013 1:51:06 AM(edited)
Bhellium posted...
Pantheon is fantastic at last hitting under tower though... and it's not like you can outroam him.

No way in hell do early Nid spears>Pantheon spears, btw. The others I can agree with (if you're not good at spotting the LeBlanc or cant just E both), in very vague terms if you don't accept the fact that pushing the wave against Panth is not exactly what he wants, given how ez mode it is to gank for someone with fantastic burst and a targeted stun.

Pretty much this, I didn't want to comment on it myself but saying Nidalee spears beat Pantheon spears is wrong in so many ways. Early game her spears barely do anything and who can't dodge spears in lane? Pantheon's Q is both more damaging and targeted. Forcing Pantheon to farm under tower isn't exactly a winning strategy either, he can last-hit fine under tower and it's just opening yourself up to get ganked, which in a Pantheon lane is just asking to die.

Keep in mind that most Nidalees don't take Q at level 1 and even if they do it's a huge waste. Pantheon does plenty of damage at level 1 and he gets a huge spike in kill potential at level 2.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#23LordClydePosted 11/12/2013 2:05:54 AM(edited)
Pantheon can't carry a team in late game.

Why? Because he has no escape. Falls victim to a CC = death.

Also the main reason why Jax ****s on Pantheon. Jax is a sustained carry that snowballs hard and becomes an unstoppable force late game.

Pantheon snowballs hard ... and then falls off completely at the end.
#24ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/12/2013 2:09:40 AM(edited)
LordClyde posted...
Pantheon can't carry a team in late game.

Why? Because he has no escape. Falls victim to a CC = death.

So you're saying Master Yi can't carry a game either? Any champion can carry a game. Pantheon falls off lategame but that doesn't mean he just freezes at spawn and can't do anything. A fed Pantheon can work wonders at helping a team take a tower with his ultimate, which actually makes for a very nice initiation tool. This was proven at LCS.

Funny you mention Jax too, considering how hard Pantheon can crap on him in lane. Jax's lategame is never going to matter if he never gets to it.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#25BhelliumPosted 11/12/2013 2:14:48 AM
I ban Jax when I plan to play Panth, tbqh. You stomp him pre-6, then it doesn't matter if you have three kills and 50 more cs, he starts winning, that's certainly true.

Honestly, as long as Jax is banned I'll take Panth into anything else. Preferably Renek too, which is a problem for him with the current top meta.
---
Standby for original and insightful thoughts.
#26ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/12/2013 2:19:51 AM
Bhellium posted...
I ban Jax when I plan to play Panth, tbqh. You stomp him pre-6, then it doesn't matter if you have three kills and 50 more cs, he starts winning, that's certainly true.

Honestly, as long as Jax is banned I'll take Panth into anything else. Preferably Renek too, which is a problem for him with the current top meta.

I actually feel like Renekton is a lot harder to deal with than Jax. The only Jax players I haven't been able to beat were those who went with full armor runes and started with cloth armor; majority of Jax players won't do that because they don't respect Pantheon's ability to beat them in a duel. Besides, if you've already got 3 kills and 50 more CS at level 6, you should be getting even more fed off of mid with your ult or giving mid free kills. At that point you can probably 1v2 with the enemy jungler present if anything, that's pretty fed.

Renekton has a very brief window to be beaten and starts to fade after level 3, becoming almost impossible at level 6. Renekton being manaless is very hard for Pantheon to deal with, but not impossible.
---