This. Is. Relevant.

#21Sweet_TalkerPosted 11/12/2013 12:21:41 AM
Knight_Of_Order posted...
ChocOdin posted...
So when did this particular video become about previous works by the originators? As far as I'm concerned THIS video has a lot of valid points that are worth considering. The point is pretty clear and it's conveyed really well.

Not to say it's overly original or we haven't heard the same thing a million times but people often need to be reminded to actually adopt the thought process.

Because their **** reputation precedes them? I dont need to watch Pewdipie's latest videos to know he's an obnoxious asswipe, i dont need to read the new Critical Miss to know its just a bunch of fallacious crap, i used to watch these guys and they ahve always been a disappointment so why would i believe that this is any different?. You said it yourself, there's little originality in the video so why would i even bother? Does it offer an analysis that isnt as deep as a shallow puddle? No? Does it promote discussion or bring in any sort of new insight? No? Then stop wasting my time.

Just gonna throw this out there....You just started cursing and being a general ass to a guy whose post only said that he believed the video posted in the topic was decent and had some discussion potential. You flame him for quite literally no reason, assuming that because someone has a history nothing they do can be worth anything at all.

If you're trying to talk about worthless blanket statements and a lack of originality and shallowness, try the closest mirror, friend.

I don't think the video was amazing by any means, they fully admitted to not having a large sample of data to back up anything they had to say, but the things they talked about were very easily nice discussion points.

I'm all for getting my random teammates to troll and rage less frequently. I've watched and played a lot of games at both high and low elo's and there is definitely a large discrepancy in. the number of ragers at low elo vs high elo. People rage more and harder in low elo. Period. Sure there may be some raging super toxic people in high elo, but that's going to happen everywhere, the thing is that it isn't the majority.

I apologize for my lack of cohesive thought and poor grammar, I'm very tired but that post was just truly the epitome of what the video's subject was all about, and really showed some sincere ignorance and blindness on your part.
---
No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions.
#22BhelliumPosted 11/12/2013 1:18:13 AM
neon screen posted...
I stopped regarding anything EC says about League ever since they called it a prime example of "perfect imbalance"

And in this vid the points they make are purely based on League but they try to cast a blanket statement across all games

EC is just downright awful sometimes

Um, why isn't League a prime example of perfect imbalance? Especially since, iirc, it was before even the Dota2 beta was out.
---
Standby for original and insightful thoughts.
#23ShadyDudePosted 11/12/2013 1:18:58 AM
that's a good vid

not reading the rest of these long ass posts

but league needs 2 know about that he said it better than i did in my other post
#24mgtonvac55Posted 11/12/2013 1:37:38 AM
[saltyness]

I like how obviously mad you get at the littlest things.
---
New York Giants 3-6 Epic comeback incoming.
New York Knicks 2-4
#25Knight_Of_OrderPosted 11/12/2013 10:53:13 AM(edited)
Sweet_Talker posted...
ChocOdin posted...
So when did this particular video become about previous works by the originators? As far as I'm concerned THIS video has a lot of valid points that are worth considering. The point is pretty clear and it's conveyed really well.

Not to say it's overly original or we haven't heard the same thing a million times but people often need to be reminded to actually adopt the thought process.

Because their **** reputation precedes them? I dont need to watch Pewdipie's latest videos to know he's an obnoxious asswipe, i dont need to read the new Critical Miss to know its just a bunch of fallacious crap, i used to watch these guys and they ahve always been a disappointment so why would i believe that this is any different?. You said it yourself, there's little originality in the video so why would i even bother? Does it offer an analysis that isnt as deep as a shallow puddle? No? Does it promote discussion or bring in any sort of new insight? No? Then stop wasting my time.

Just gonna throw this out there....You just started cursing and being a general ass to a guy whose post only said that he believed the video posted in the topic was decent and had some discussion potential. You flame him for quite literally no reason, assuming that because someone has a history nothing they do can be worth anything at all.

If you're trying to talk about worthless blanket statements and a lack of originality and shallowness, try the closest mirror, friend.

I don't think the video was amazing by any means, they fully admitted to not having a large sample of data to back up anything they had to say, but the things they talked about were very easily nice discussion points.

I'm all for getting my random teammates to troll and rage less frequently. I've watched and played a lot of games at both high and low elo's and there is definitely a large discrepancy in. the number of ragers at low elo vs high elo. People rage more and harder in low elo. Period. Sure there may be some raging super toxic people in high elo, but that's going to happen everywhere, the thing is that it isn't the majority.

By all means point me where i flamed the poster, all my negativity was aimed at EC after all. Also, i can openly point out all the tripe posted in the videos i mentioned if you so wish to keep calling my argument a blanket statement, a fellow poster already did a pretty good job at that on a video i havent watched.

Can EC "redeem" themselves with actual thought provoking videos? Sure. Did this video accomplish that? Not at all. Will it happen in the future? Most likely not.

I apologize for my lack of cohesive thought and poor grammar, I'm very tired but that post was just truly the epitome of what the video's subject was all about, and really showed some sincere ignorance and blindness on your part.

Ignorance because i think EC is garbage? That's a laugh. I do agree with the existance of toxicity and the higher prevalence of it in lower elo, you seem to be mistaking my dislike for EC with me not acknowledging the problems they mention... which, ironically, shows some "sincere" ignorance and blindness on your part.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#26ChocOdinPosted 11/12/2013 11:24:46 AM(edited)
So as opposed to having a constructive, positive conversation on GFaqs and actually coming away with a positive reaction to the overall thread. (virtually impossible, I know) We instead insist on the demerit of a positive message based on the value of arguably unrelated topics.

I don't mean to claim that I know exactly what the TC was thinking when he created the topic and posted a link with nothing more than the title of"This. Is. Relevant." However, I do mean to say that I PERSONALLY took it as the intention is to increase awareness of our personal behavior, and what kind of person we choose to be online.

In my eyes, you chose to seek fallacy in the video because it holds truth in your own behavior, and that you would rather see the fault in the video than in yourself. (which to me would be a good usage of the word irony.) That is also just my personal interpretation however. Perhaps you already understand the premise of the video, perhaps you are already are an outstanding character in all of your matches. Perhaps you are indeed the individual I strive to be myself.

However, that doesn't mean the thread should be derailed into a EC hatefest. it does not mean that talking about the video is a waste of everyone's time. It most certainly does not mean I should refrain from talking about it on a message board that is not owned by you, or serves you. It does, however, mean that if you choose to take nothing away from this (or indeed have nothing to take away from it to begin with), then you are most welcome to find a new thread.
---
"You're not quite courageous enough to take that risk. You need to be a Badass first." -Persona 3
#27DoctorEggmanPosted 11/12/2013 11:47:00 AM
Nobody in this topic understands what they're typing. (Yes that includes me how does i push button)
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
http://i.imgur.com/n8yh1.jpg
#28Knight_Of_OrderPosted 11/12/2013 12:13:25 PM
You can think whatever you want about me, we all know who we are, if you really found EC enlightening then more power to you, they are a sad existance to me in the end.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#29jinoku2000Posted 11/12/2013 1:00:20 PM
I think the best thing about the video was the part about diffusing the argument. When people try to blame other teammates giving them some game object/mechanic to blame as an out is pretty genius. Since in most cases they are just trying to preemptively direct blame away from themselves.
#30Aladdin2557Posted 11/12/2013 1:21:11 PM
You guys stay here and debate while I go win some games