Utility scaling with AP is the worst idea ever.

#31OdinXivrajPosted 11/20/2013 8:49:41 PM
By the end of the day tomorrow people are going to get reported for trolling because the choose traditional supports.

I main'ed Leona and Nami all though season 2 and honestly looking at the numbers they don't seem viable anymore. I'll still go in hoping for the best but I'm not expecting any miracles(especially since its been removed)

The main thing holding things like support Syndra and Fiddle back was the lack of gold income and the need for designated warder. Since both have been addressed traditional supports are simply outclassed.
---
***Signature Pending***
#32VoidgolemPosted 11/20/2013 9:02:19 PM
OdinXivraj posted...
By the end of the day tomorrow people are going to get reported for trolling because the choose traditional supports.

I main'ed Leona and Nami all though season 2 and honestly looking at the numbers they don't seem viable anymore. I'll still go in hoping for the best but I'm not expecting any miracles(especially since its been removed)

The main thing holding things like support Syndra and Fiddle back was the lack of gold income and the need for designated warder. Since both have been addressed traditional supports are simply outclassed.

Leona and nami were pretty much straight buffed overall, though.
---
"Baseball has it wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk"
#33MegaSTVPosted 11/20/2013 9:21:00 PM
What they need to do to make supports, well support is simple. They need to scale HARD off utility. Like think the equivalent of "I can't do damage so there's no way I'm winning a solo lane, but damned if I can't make you the easiest person in the world to kill for someone else. But as things stand mage supports have about moderately less utility, but a lot more damage. Leona is the perfect example of what a good support should do. As is thresh. Sona used to be. Lulu used to be. If you don't want them going to solo lanes, most of them wouldn't anyway. The only ones you needed to be careful about were Janna, Lulu, Sona. Taric and Leona are actually MORE likely to go into solo lanes now.

My advice. Give them slightly better Ratios, much better utility scalings.
---
Never underestimate the power of The Scout's Code.
#34OdinXivrajPosted 11/20/2013 9:21:04 PM
Voidgolem posted...
OdinXivraj posted...

Leona and nami were pretty much straight buffed overall, though.

Still comes down to anything they can do a Mid AP can do better. Sure a the CC might not be as strong but your exchanging a minor decrease in CC for massive damage.
---
***Signature Pending***
#35Solid_Acid12Posted 11/20/2013 9:23:58 PM
Meh I think people are just over reacting considering the patch isn't even out yet and it's also preseason. Also these things aren't set in stone as the game is always changing. If supports end up becoming too underwhelming they will get buffed.
---
I'm the bad guy? When did this happen?
#36natchu96Posted 11/20/2013 10:36:04 PM
It's hard to balance a role that kinda involves purposefully gimping your potential for the benefit of your team.

If they buff you, you might be able to take said champion elsewhere and be incredibly OP.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena