Yasou seems... underwhelming

#11lightdragoon88Posted 11/23/2013 9:47:07 AM
TheEvilOmega posted...
Seems like you'd build him like Critplank. Shiv, Tri-force, IE, that kinda stuff, and just look to skate straight to the back line in team fights after initiating with your Q and wind wall.

Do we have any idea if his shield is a fixed amount at all levels or if it scales on something?

Looking at a couple of games at the same level: the Flow shield looked the same to me.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#12HonzouPosted 11/23/2013 10:50:27 AM
Doesn't Nashor's Tooth ring as a better item since it offers AP for the E, AS for that skill that it's cdr also scales with AS, and CDR.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#13ZhaRnotczarPosted 11/23/2013 10:51:44 AM
TheEvilOmega posted...
Seems like you'd build him like Critplank. Shiv, Tri-force, IE, that kinda stuff, and just look to skate straight to the back line in team fights after initiating with your Q and wind wall.

Do we have any idea if his shield is a fixed amount at all levels or if it scales on something?

I think I've read somewhere that it scales only off of levels.
#14gallantknightPosted 11/23/2013 11:06:22 AM
13 dashes baybay
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#15DedennePosted 11/23/2013 12:07:25 PM
TheEvilOmega posted...

Just scales on his level
---
profDEADPOOL on GameRaven
GameRaven is awesome so thanks for making it Corrupt_Power
#16shadyelfPosted 11/23/2013 12:11:43 PM
very fun mechanics and concept

but yeah power underwhelming. But hey that can easily be adjusted,
---
?
#17plasmatic5Posted 11/23/2013 1:07:59 PM
Honestly, I think he's going to get out of hand if it gets to mid game. He'll have tough laning most likely, but you have to keep in mind that with his double crit passive, an IE gives 50% crit chance. That's an absurd amount of crit chance for one item that also gives 70 AD and an extra 50% crit damage. His Q is pretty awful because it's immensely thin (oxymoron much) but the knock up is good and it sets up his ult which gives him a bonus 50% to his armor pen remember (forgot to check if that works on just flat armor pen or also the percentage pen as well).

What's most likely going to happen is that when he comes out, no one is going to know how to play him so everyone is going to think he's absolutely awful. The patch after, Riot might buff him a tiny bit in some way that doesn't really matter and people are going to pick him up, learn how he SHOULD be played, and he's going to become ridiculous. This happens with tons of champions, especially the ones with harder mechanics or champs where you have to actually figure out how to play them (Lee Sin, Rengar, Kha, Elise, etc). And given just how much Yasuo can actually do and how much is actually in his kit (Shield, double crit, a small repeatable gap-closer, AoE (small) ranged auto, etc), he is definitely going to be overwhelming if played correctly unless his numbers are completely awful at release.
---
The problem with trolls is that you can't logic with them. The same goes for idiots.
#18DeanyzyPosted 11/23/2013 1:29:32 PM(edited)
He's very strong at the moment, he just scales more from Crit then he does with pure AD.
---
FC: 2277 6869 7396
Dragon Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, ???
#19gkh5Posted 11/23/2013 1:48:08 PM
He sounds like a really good effort at a high risk, high reward melee carry to me. If he is actually anything like the riot description, he's gonna have a very tough early game but with proper use of his abilities it seems like once he gets levels and items he can have some big play potential while also being vulnerable to being blown up if not timing his wall and dashes well.

Maybe another possibility would be to send a MM mid and send him bot with a bruiser support or someone like Janna to keep him safe while he last hits with Q.

Idk he seems like a really innovative champion to me, I'm excited to see how he turns out and how he's used. Definitely a day 1 buy for me.
---
LoL IGN: NextLvlBuildsGG
#200molaPosted 11/23/2013 1:48:59 PM
Fiora is better. Thats how good he is