Someone catch me up on the new Jungle Paths (a little support/trinket help too)

#1WyrmcraftPosted 11/23/2013 11:48:27 AM
Been away from league for a while, so I have three questions.

Please tell me, what's the new standard path? I'd figure Blue, Wolves, Wraithes, red, golems, wraithes, wolves, wight...but I'm not sure.

Also, I go "Kages Pick" on pokers, the tanky thing on tanky supports, and the coin on sustainers...right?

Which trinket is the best for each role?

Thank guys
---
Welcome, to Nightvale
#2SyntheticMesiahPosted 11/23/2013 11:58:28 AM
The only jungle "path" you need to worry about is grabbing both buffs first, don't even do any of the small camps in between, just go red > blue > gank or blue > red > gank.

as for the support items just get relic shield on all of them until it's nerfed, it's painfully overpowered.

then for trinkets it's kind of dealers choice, just keep in mind that pink wards are pretty useless now, and since most everyone gets the warding one i'd probably go for the sweeping lens a good chunk of the time
#3the_rowanPosted 11/23/2013 11:59:56 AM
SyntheticMesiah posted...
The only jungle "path" you need to worry about is grabbing both buffs first, don't even do any of the small camps in between, just go red > blue > gank or blue > red > gank.

as for the support items just get relic shield on all of them until it's nerfed, it's painfully overpowered.

then for trinkets it's kind of dealers choice, just keep in mind that pink wards are pretty useless now, and since most everyone gets the warding one i'd probably go for the sweeping lens a good chunk of the time

You won't hit 3 anymore for doing this, I thought? Most junglers have awful ganks before level 3 because they take clearing skills instead of CC.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#4VoidgolemPosted 11/23/2013 12:01:35 PM
the jungle path, at the moment, is going duo top and buying relic shield. Maybe grab a buff first.

Riot's answer to this apparently is to nerf relic shield instead of making jungling less ass. Glad to see their priorities are in order.
---
"Baseball has it wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk"
#5SyntheticMesiahPosted 11/23/2013 12:02:10 PM
the_rowan posted...

You won't hit 3 anymore for doing this, I thought? Most junglers have awful ganks before level 3 because they take clearing skills instead of CC.

Oh, do you not hit 3 like that anymore? I didn't think that had changed, musta missed it. In that case ignore my jungle advice I'm clearly a season behind there, lol
#6monkey_man0Posted 11/23/2013 12:03:10 PM

This is wrong, red/blue doesn't get you 3 anymore. Lately when I've been queuing with friends, I've been smiting my first buff instantly then having bot lane help with a second camp (golem or wight), letting the ADC have the kill on the big monster. That gives me enough exp to hit 3 after my second buff, and puts enough buffer time for my smite to be back up for the second buff.

For normal solo queue, expect to have to do the same clear as last season, but add in a 3rd mini-camp before your gank.
---
I own a computer!
#7KURRUPTORPosted 11/23/2013 12:16:34 PM
The best jungle path in the current meta is blue buff then straight to top. Buy a relic shield of course.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#8mutation10101Posted 11/23/2013 12:23:52 PM
I typically go blue ->Wight -> Red -> gank. Works out well. Smite blue buff, so it's off of CD by the time you need it for red.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#9R_JackalPosted 11/23/2013 2:45:52 PM
mutation10101 posted...
I typically go blue ->Wight -> Red -> gank. Works out well. Smite blue buff, so it's off of CD by the time you need it for red.

This. They pretty much added Wight for this reason, I feel. Also something to do if you're waiting for a gank.