Question about Fiora

#1AKizlePosted 11/24/2013 12:17:01 PM
Why is she considered bad? She has excellent item scaling, excellent burst and she can be built to sustain dps. I can see her being an excellent split pusher with Teleport and a great assassin with the right teamwork.

So why does everyone say she sucks? All the Fiora's I've ever played against did suck, but that's because of their overly aggressive play style, it seems that if she just farms safely for some time and gets some items she doesn't need kills right away to be effective. She has excellent base dmg stats, so I'd imagine farming would be a breeze.

Thoughts? Your own experiences?
---
Hope is the first step on the long road to disappointment
#2bIuerainPosted 11/24/2013 12:21:18 PM
Because people are bad at top lane and can't win with champions that are melee auto-attack dependent up there. They can only win top lane with ability-spamming champions. Fiora isn't one of them.

And at some point some guy released a video that said: "If you use Fiora's ultimate stupidly in a 1v1 situation, you might get counterplayed! See, she IS the worst champion!" And no one thinks for themselves so that's that.
---
Funky Strong
"Date vuelta. Veras el color rojo cuando termine contigo..." - Vega
#3mutation10101Posted 11/24/2013 12:23:29 PM
She's pretty good against mid's that don't have a lot of CC *I love using her against Fizz* And the Season 4 Jungle was a little kind to her. People should pick her up, she's a lot of fun.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#4ChocOdinPosted 11/24/2013 12:26:15 PM
The reasons Fiora is considered not good aren't because of her stats. She's considered no good because her passive is completely useless (since most popular champions can outtrade her easily) and her ultimate is terrible. People consistently say the seconds of invulnerability and the high damage make it worth it, however, in my personal opinion, giving control of your champion to the enemy player is a bad mechanic. It will never be a good mechanic, and it just allows for far too much to go wrong.
---
"You're not quite courageous enough to take that risk. You need to be a Badass first." -Persona 3
#5EsumarkPosted 11/24/2013 12:29:10 PM
Her ult sucks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6CyF3zP.png
dota2gifs.com/gifs/nyxnyxnyx.gif
#6AKizle(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 12:43:29 PM(edited)
Ok so her ult is considered bad? I personally don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's used correctly, to either clean up or for 1v1 duels.

Lucian's ult is extremely situational and very easy to counter with various ways, yet I still see people on gfaqs defending Lucian.

Also, Yi brings no CC to the team and is very item dependent like Fiora, however; people consider him viable.

I think that its not so much that Fiora sucks, its more the players who use her. Like I said previously, I see a lot of players being overly aggressive early on, trying to fish for kills. I have yet to see one Fiora just farming and playing safe, not feeding due to poor judgement. Tryndamere and Yi are both similar to Fiora, yet I see many more smart Trynd/Yi players than I do Fiora.

Maybe its because people see "grand duelist" in her titile and assume thats what they must do all game? I don't know, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just feel like she's unfairly bashed by the community.
---
#7VoidgolemPosted 11/24/2013 1:18:35 PM
Because "Melee Glass Cannon Sustained DPS" is stupid when fights are decided in 5 seconds from range.

plus, y'know, bugs and whatnot.
---
"Baseball has it wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk"
#8Kevman510Posted 11/24/2013 1:20:47 PM
AKizle posted...
Ok so her ult is considered bad? I personally don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's used correctly, to either clean up or for 1v1 duels.

Lucian's ult is extremely situational and very easy to counter with various ways, yet I still see people on gfaqs defending Lucian.

Also, Yi brings no CC to the team and is very item dependent like Fiora, however; people consider him viable.

I think that its not so much that Fiora sucks, its more the players who use her. Like I said previously, I see a lot of players being overly aggressive early on, trying to fish for kills. I have yet to see one Fiora just farming and playing safe, not feeding due to poor judgement. Tryndamere and Yi are both similar to Fiora, yet I see many more smart Trynd/Yi players than I do Fiora.

Maybe its because people see "grand duelist" in her titile and assume thats what they must do all game? I don't know, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just feel like she's unfairly bashed by the community.

No. She sucks, and the players who use her usually suck too, so while some bad players might be able to look good by playing someone that's more overpowered than other top laners, the people who play a sucky champ like Fiora end up sucking. Obviously.
#9AKizle(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 1:23:06 PM
Voidgolem posted...
Because "Melee Glass Cannon Sustained DPS" is stupid when fights are decided in 5 seconds from range.

Ok I understand where you're coming from, having said that would you say that Yi and Trynda also suck?

As far as bugs go, I can definitely see a lot of grief for fiora players, but didn't they already fix the "line of sight" bug on her ult?
---
#10VoidgolemPosted 11/24/2013 1:29:33 PM
AKizle posted...
Voidgolem posted...

Ok I understand where you're coming from, having said that would you say that Yi and Trynda also suck?

As far as bugs go, I can definitely see a lot of grief for fiora players, but didn't they already fix the "line of sight" bug on her ult?

Tryn is functionally immune to damage for 6 seconds. That's more than any other champion in the game can do. And it's still not enough for teamfighting.

Yi frontloads a ton of damage on Alpha Strike/Resets such as to function like an AD version of Kat. Nobody really uses him as an autoattacker.

Fiora lacks both elements. And as far as I know they didn't (though I haven't had reason to check).
---
"Baseball has it wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk"