I really wanted to like One For All...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. I really wanted to like One For All...
2 years ago#1
But until they release a version of the mode that has random picks like ARAM, it's just going to be dumb. Everybody goes for the most OP picks they can get, whether it's Lux, Ahri, Riven or whatever. Playing as Lux was literally the most boring game I've ever played, and we were dominating the other team.

Guess I'll just have to wait until the mode is officially released (if ever), hopefully Riot will add that option in.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
2 years ago#2
I just finished a game of 10 Fiddlesticks...it was the most fun I've had in this game in a long time
---
You shall henceforth be known as, The Mover of the Wind, Breath of Air, The Lightning Zephyr.
As dubbed by the Evil Dwarf atop the Wall
2 years ago#3
It depends. All Ezreal can be pretty dominating. All Ezreal against All Mundo? F***ing terror. All Mundo against other choices? Not so fun.

Having it be random doesn't fix the fact that some matchups are hideously bad for each other.

I just played a game of Wukong vs. Fiddlesticks. There was nothing the Fiddle's could do. We all had Merc Treads, Banshee's Veil, Maw, and some of us had QSS. And then offensive items. It's not like Fiddle can exactly push and win before we get to that point. The champ just isn't designed for that.

Just queue with at least 3 people, and you get to choose whatever you want to. Friends and I did an Urgot game much to the protest of the other people in our lobby. Everyone ended up having a ton of fun with our chain swapping antics. (Not to mention Urgot has ridiculous late game damage while being tanky.) I'm almost positive I'd never get to play an One for All Urgot game just with randoms.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
2 years ago#4
The problem with that is there's nothing I -want- to choose. I don't go into One For All planning to play a specific champ, especially if I can't see what the other team is picking.. And no, there's nothing I personally find OP so far, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't uncommon for people to pick champs like Lux every game. The more people start to realize what is good and what isn't, the less variety the game mode will have. People are always going to gravitate to what is popularly "OP". Theoretically the game mode was great, but the community doesn't let it flourish like it should have.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
2 years ago#5
EDumey posted...
It depends. All Ezreal can be pretty dominating. All Ezreal against All Mundo? F***ing terror. All Mundo against other choices? Not so fun.

Having it be random doesn't fix the fact that some matchups are hideously bad for each other.

I just played a game of Wukong vs. Fiddlesticks. There was nothing the Fiddle's could do. We all had Merc Treads, Banshee's Veil, Maw, and some of us had QSS. And then offensive items. It's not like Fiddle can exactly push and win before we get to that point. The champ just isn't designed for that.

Just queue with at least 3 people, and you get to choose whatever you want to. Friends and I did an Urgot game much to the protest of the other people in our lobby. Everyone ended up having a ton of fun with our chain swapping antics. (Not to mention Urgot has ridiculous late game damage while being tanky.) I'm almost positive I'd never get to play an One for All Urgot game just with randoms.

Really? I would think all Ez is one of the worse ones you can pick. Any ADC with no CC is unplayable in one for all imo.
---
XBL GT: Jester was good
2 years ago#6
i've played against nothing but kats and blitz....

i've been yorick urgot and thresh

out of 10 games ive never seen anything else
2 years ago#7
Completely agree with TCs post. Fans gave Riot an awesome idea to have same champs for all but Riot has to change the stuff and do everything there way. Rather than having a same champ for all 10 players we now have this. On top of that rather than giving ARAM option they gave voting. Which is always boring because in most cases you will get counter pick champs against you or your picks will be a complete counter to them which is so boring. This mode is completely useless until all players gets same champs.
---
YOU ARE RACIST!!!
2 years ago#8
Dissenting opinion here. I've played one for all since it came out and its been much more varied for me then you guys are saying. Maybe play more games or something?

Also the community in this particular mode is one of the friendliest and open minded towards builds and champs I've seen yet.
---
Promoting peace and love between ALL systems since 2006
2 years ago#9
I was hoping it would be All Mid instead of summoners rift map. I would prefer to have a 20-30 min game instead of 30-50 minutes with a mode like this.
---
FC: 2621-2783-3638
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. I really wanted to like One For All...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived