Why aren't there many black pro LoL players?

#61happyscrub1Posted 12/18/2013 8:34:41 PM
It's because computers are way more expensive than consoles and blacks have poverty problems. That's why you see them mostly in sports that don't require a lot of money to get into (consoles, basketball, football, ect).

Give it time. This country is diversifying by the minute.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#62fallen_acolytePosted 12/18/2013 9:06:16 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
It's because computers are way more expensive than consoles and blacks have poverty problems. That's why you see them mostly in sports that don't require a lot of money to get into (consoles, basketball, football, ect).

latest gen console + game cost more than a comp that can play lol.
---
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte
#63happyscrub1Posted 12/18/2013 9:48:02 PM
fallen_acolyte posted...

But that's about all they would be playing. Most people who want to game on a computer want to play lots of games. Not just one game.
---
#64BenWhoDrownedPosted 12/18/2013 10:22:09 PM
happyscrub1 posted...

Here in Brazil posting this would give you serious problems
#65fallen_acolytePosted 12/18/2013 10:32:01 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
fallen_acolyte posted...

But that's about all they would be playing. Most people who want to game on a computer want to play lots of games. Not just one game.

The argument is based on LoL not computer games. Not sure if you're trying to be funny or thinking small. Also, it wont be all they would be playing since XBL and PSN offers free games. Furthermore, you don't really know if that's all they are playing since you probably don't even know anyone black.
---
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte
#66funkys-flightsPosted 12/18/2013 10:40:02 PM
BenWhoDrowned posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

He worded it poorly, but due to ancestry blacks in the u.s. Have a starting line much further back than whites do/did. Not sure what there is to debate unless pride blinds the eyes from statistics. I haven't studied Brasil as much but knowing other South American countries leads me to believe slavery/conquest is why the trends are present in both countries.

Exactly why many pro sports athletes come from low socioeconomic classes - long term payoff of education isn't as commonly valued/available, freeing more time for a complete dedication to a common hobb of the area (basketball/football u.s., futbol Latin America)
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#67happyscrub1Posted 12/19/2013 7:57:44 AM(edited)
fallen_acolyte posted...

The argument is based on LoL not computer games. Not sure if you're trying to be funny or thinking small. Also, it wont be all they would be playing since XBL and PSN offers free games. Furthermore, you don't really know if that's all they are playing since you probably don't even know anyone black.

1. Most people who play LoL play many other computer games. You rarely have anyone who would say, LoL is my first (or one of my first computer games). So it would be rare for someone who doesn't really game to just happen to stumble across league of legends. It's not like you see league of legends on commercials or anything. Most black people are not even exposed to what league of legends because they don't game in the first place.

2. I'm black and hang with mostly black people. I'm the only black person I know personally that is into computer games. Hell, I only met one other black person who is into RPGs. It doesn't generally appeal to most of us.
---
#68happyscrub1Posted 12/19/2013 8:02:38 AM(edited)
BenWhoDrowned posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

I don't live in Brazil, but Brazil is WAYYY more of a melting pot than America. You guys are so racially blended that you don't have the same racial social issues America has. Therefore different races are not much culturally different there.

Hell. My scientist believe Brazil is what the world will look like in the future.
---
#69Deathx113Posted 12/19/2013 8:12:04 AM(edited)
Ecchi is pro.

/topic
---
Posted using GameFlux