should adcs always go bork now?

#11OwlRammerPosted 12/28/2013 4:29:56 PM
uhh, no they are not since they are always band~!
---
http://i.imgur.com/L4u8jt9.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Eldbdrd.jpg
http://baarmychris.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/sheep.jpg
#12noobody1Posted 12/28/2013 5:21:51 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
Glockass1 posted...
Voidgolem posted...
you can shoot them for ~60 extra damage with BORK.

or you could crit them for ~500 extra with IE.

BORK, much like Bloodrazor before it, is piss-awful for dealing with high health targets. Kinda wish people would understand that.

On the other hand, BORK does give you a powerful slow to try to self-peel with.

what? You pretty much always go IE. It's either BoRK or BT.

what part did you miss?

crits scale with your ad,of which BT gives a metric ****ton

crits do not scale with on hit effects

bork and BT end up doing about the same damage overall for the gold in terms of the single items AA, however BT will increase crits by a large amount while bork will primarily give you more self peel, and a bit more AS

AS> lots of attacks> lots of crits. Take this in account
---
Viridi is my waifu
#13iXCelticXiPosted 12/28/2013 5:55:28 PM
Voidgolem posted...

BORK, much like Bloodrazor before it, is piss-awful for dealing with high health targets. Kinda wish people would understand that.

Nothing to see here, folks. Just Void being junk per usual.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#14VoidgolemPosted 12/28/2013 6:13:20 PM(edited)
iXCelticXi posted...

Carry on rushing BORK versus mundo, then. See where it gets you.

...would also advocate being competent before calling anyone 'junk', but hey.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fXMuxQd.jpg
#15iXCelticXiPosted 12/29/2013 5:36:21 AM
Voidgolem posted...
iXCelticXi posted...

Carry on rushing BORK versus mundo, then. See where it gets you.

...would also advocate being competent before calling anyone 'junk', but hey.

lel
---
#16xSighxPosted 12/29/2013 5:47:10 AM
Some champs can rush BOTRK. Vayne for example wants to stack w passive which makes up for having less AD. Twitch likes it for the stealth slow and more rapidly stacking passives in an AOE to E burst.

But for people like Graves and Caitlyn you want your skills to scale up with AD to deal more up front burst. Attack speed doesn't influence your Q/R damage AD does.

I think the general rule of thumb is to go BOTRK if you're reliant on AA and BT if you're more reliant on spells.

I suk tho so i could be wrong.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3540 - 0141 - 1199
I breed flawless 6th Gen Pokemon.
#17iXCelticXiPosted 12/29/2013 5:56:14 AM(edited)
xSighx posted...
Some champs can rush BOTRK. Vayne for example wants to stack w passive which makes up for having less AD. Twitch likes it for the stealth slow and more rapidly stacking passives in an AOE to E burst.

But for people like Graves and Caitlyn you want your skills to scale up with AD to deal more up front burst. Attack speed doesn't influence your Q/R damage AD does.

I think the general rule of thumb is to go BOTRK if you're reliant on AA and BT if you're more reliant on spells.

I suk tho so i could be wrong.

Relying on AA's for grabbing Bork isn't a complete rule of thumb (take Cait for example) but pree much a simple and straightforward post. Much better than one of the most annoying posters with boring and barely edgy opinions discounting a great item entirely.

for health purposes that is.
sorry to be a dick about it but it gets old.
---
#18KaliphearPosted 12/29/2013 7:01:59 AM
The short answer is no. The champions that enjoy BoRK now (Vayne primarily, though you can argue for Kog'Maw or maybe even Twitch) do so because they scale especially well with attack speed (usually in applying on-hit effects for damage, a la silver bolts or bio-arcane barrage). But you wouldn't build Blade of the Ruined King on more caster-oriented AD Carries, like Sivir or Graves (I'm going to avoid mentioning Varus here because while I personally prefer the burst-style of play with him someone on here is going to make the argument for building him to do more on-hit damage). The reason being that these carries do a large portion of their damage through abilities that both scale very well with AD and do not apply on-hit effects. This is why people will tell you to "rush" items like Bloodthirster and Last Whisper as your first couple items on these champions, because they are the most efficient ways to boost damage out of the items you will wind up wanting in your final build.

So no, I don't see BoRK as the catch-all answer to defeating the tank meta that's evolving again. And as a matter of fact, the champions that ought to be a natural counter to this meta (Vayne and Kog'Maw) have either been nerfed incredibly hard or lack the requisite tools to survive their lane (given champions like Jinx and Lucian dominate the bottom lane landscape as of now). So in light of this, I'm willing to wager that the "counter" to this meta is going to come from some fairly harsh nerfs. Now whether they come to the defensive tree in general, or to the handful of specific champions that are abusive right now is up to Riot, but it's going to take a nerf to "fix" this current meta.
#19Glockass1Posted 12/29/2013 7:07:04 AM
zeppelin312 posted...
Glockass1 posted...
Voidgolem posted...

what? You pretty much always go IE. It's either BoRK or BT.

what part did you miss?

crits scale with your ad,of which BT gives a metric ****ton

crits do not scale with on hit effects

bork and BT end up doing about the same damage overall for the gold in terms of the single items AA, however BT will increase crits by a large amount while bork will primarily give you more self peel, and a bit more AS

I don't see the 500 extra damage that a BT would give you. I'm not saying that blade is better but BT doesn't do 500 extra damage on an auto lol.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png http://tinyurl.com/kexmdkb