A Silver Guide to Support Viktor.

#1BossBangPosted 1/27/2014 1:01:04 PM
With the advent of season 4, the glorious revolution has expanded into bot lane. This build is actually very similar to my solo mid Viktor build, with itemization tweaked for support role.

Runes

9 Scaling AP Glyphs
9 Magic Pen Marks
6 Scaling AP Seals
3 Mana Regen Seals
3 Magic Pen Marks

Masteries

21/0/9 (max biscuit in utility tree, take movespeed).

Core
Flask, Augment Death, Coin, Needles Rod

Strategy Summary

Viktor brings the pain to bot lane. This build capitalizes on maximum gold efficiency for maximum pain. Start with Flask, a ward, an upgraded biscuit,Totem, and Hextech Core.

The flask first is crucial. This build focuses on Viktor's unique ability to run a powerful AP per level build to deal with reduced gold. WIth the above masteries and runes and Hextech, you will gain around 6 AP per level.

All you have to do is stay in lane and zone for the marksman. You have lane control with Laser and Gravity field. You have early game itemization advantage. Flask for sustain and mana regen, biscuit for 1 free trade. MR is usually low bot lane so with the magic pen you will deal a LOT of damage. If possible, wait to level before casting laser for much more damage per mana spent.

At level 6 you should have more AP than your mid without even buying. (upwards of 40.) This is over 850 gold worth of power. When you have 1,000 gold, buy your Augment Death. This adds 45 AP, and a bonus 30% AP on your laser spell. This is an effective 111.8 AP to your lazer (on top your magic pen runes? hue.) for only 1000 gold.

You will. Delete. Them.

Get a few assists or kills and you can take an early coin as well to keep up in gold and maximize laning phase. The moment you buy a needles, you are a monster.

Complete into Raba to make your passive AP growth worth even more. Late game: Athenes, Zonyas, Liandris.
---
"Aaaaaand autocorrect just correctly corrected the word 'autocorrect'. It. Is. SELF AWARE." - Bossbang
#2Supercuaco666Posted 1/27/2014 1:41:13 PM
If you wanted views you shouldn't have included "Silver" in the title.
---
I'm apparently horse food.
#3BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 2:38:42 PM
In my experience, the "L33T" of gamefaqs complain if I don't properly warn the internet I am not Challenger. No complaints, so success.

I've been seeing a lot of "omg Viktor OP" around here lately but very little who actually play him themselves and know how.

Figured I'd share for those interested.
---
"Aaaaaand autocorrect just correctly corrected the word 'autocorrect'. It. Is. SELF AWARE." - Bossbang
#4CrayonmuffinPosted 1/27/2014 2:46:09 PM
I like this. Good post TC. Will try in Bronze 3.
---
FC: 4957-3441-8564
#5Xurin_the_GamerPosted 1/28/2014 10:05:59 AM
But what if I don't want to start with hextech core?
---
Twitch.tv/wickedtribeTV - Stremmers gonna strem
#6BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 10:09:21 AM
Oh man I kind of wish you could sell back the Hex for for 0 gold.
---
#7GOGOPLATAS_WiiPosted 1/28/2014 10:23:00 AM
Can I see your lolking?

Not hating. Actually interested in trying it.
#8HagenExPosted 1/28/2014 10:30:56 AM
BossBang posted...
Runes

9 Scaling AP Glyphs
9 Magic Pen Marks
6 Scaling AP Seals
3 Mana Regen Seals
3 Magic Pen Marks

12 Marks too strong.
#9BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 10:33:11 AM
GOGOPLATAS_Wii posted...
Can I see your lolking?

Not hating. Actually interested in trying it.

I usually play him mid but have won every suppot viktor game I've played.

When I'm mid I am usually the top performer on the team. Check out my team mates on the games that I've lost to get an idea how it went.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20997623#matches
---
#10Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/28/2014 10:33:18 AM
Sounds hella bad, no armor yellows means you'll blown to smithereens at every trade ever.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu