Ban's should be 5 per team?

#31ShariganItachi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 8:31:38 PM
Bump for higher numbers, plan on posting this to actually League of legends forums.
---
One day Dosu Kinuta WILL be in a fighting game, and i'm not changing my sig till then 2/12/06.
#32ShariganItachi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 7:54:56 AM
Almost 300 votes.
---
One day Dosu Kinuta WILL be in a fighting game, and i'm not changing my sig till then 2/12/06.
#33ShariganItachi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 4:49:10 PM
Bump
---
#34ShariganItachi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 6:04:10 PM
298 :(
---
#35shrimp1992Posted 2/4/2014 6:06:42 PM
slaterastle posted...
I don't really see the point of banning.

"Lets make the teams worse! That way they don't do as well and we see less action!"

I mean the only way it would make sense would be the following rule: "once a champion has been used on a team in a matchup against 2 teams, he or she cannot be used by the team that used the champion again until one team is eliminated from the tournament (or the matchup is over.)

So in other words, either way stricter or not at all. And since not at all will never happen, I gues that means stricter.

the point of banning is to reduce the power of picks and open uop othewrs. as opposed to just the broken champiopns.
---
Falcons record 11-1
#36KeepItCivilPosted 2/4/2014 6:23:00 PM
Modoma posted...
Why not just do it as how Dota/Dota 2 does their bans?

^
---
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/4/2/4/43424.jpg?v=1
To Carl Barks.
#37KunelPosted 2/4/2014 8:24:17 PM
it would take longer to start the game but it would be nice to see a team ban all thresh, leona, and annie.
#38CovenantPosted 2/4/2014 10:07:46 PM
ShariganItachi posted...
Seems like a lot of people want the same, which is to be expected, people don't like change. But there is a lot of votes for 4 bans. At that point I really don't see why not just do 5.

Either change makes champion select take longer for no real benefit.

Having more bans isn't going to change the way that people decide which champions to play. People would just ban the stuff they play now and then find new things to play just as often as they play what they play now. It won't open up the champion pool.

In addition, I don't see any need for a change when looking at the statistics. The only way I'd consider more bans even remotely justifiable is if there were more than 6 champions who are picked over 75% of the time when not banned. Right now there is exactly one champion who meets that criteria: Yasuo.

Our current bans are sufficient to cover every champion that is picked more than 50% of the time when they aren't banned: Kassadin (62.74%), Yasuo (91.96%), Vi (59.01%), and Thresh (51.19%). You can ban them all and have two bans left over to cover two of the three champions that are picked more than 40% of the time when they aren't banned.

Here's the part where you decide whether or not you think additional bans are actually warranted: adding more bans at this point is going to impact one champion that is played more than 45% of the time and 1-3 champions that are picked 36-38% of the time. Do you honestly think that 1-3 more bans are going to magically change people and make them pick a wider group of champions? Do you think that more bans is going to change over 70% of the population's behavior? If so, lobby all you want.
#39ShariganItachi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 11:16:12 PM
You make a lot of very valid points. I would just like each person to get a ban. Not one person getting 5 bans.
---